Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:17:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrinal Issues of Jim McCotter... (Only Doctrine Please)  (Read 10216 times)
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 09:09:46 pm »

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 7:15-16

False Prohphets & Teachers often come cloaked in written doctrinal statements and values from the Bible.  They customarily do not appear on the outside what they are on the inside.  If they were upfront about their perversion of doctrines, Christianity would much more easily rid the Body of Christ of them.  And naive believers would not step foot in their group.  But, False Teachers hide their practices in secret!  

False Teachers would probably tell you they adhere to all the doctrines of sound Christian Churches.  But, they almost always claim they are superior to those churches in some way/s.  They almost always slander those churches and promise they follow God more closely or more accurately.  Hence, the trap!

Once members are established, there is a very strong persuasion to never to speak any truth that is negative about the leaders or the church.   People are directed very closely in their personal lives loosing confidence and freedom to make their own choices, resulting in depression and loneliness.  In actuality these “teachers” are not only not superior, but harmful to one’s faith.  They actually discourage good biblical interaction and teaching outside themselves and their permission.  In practice they really tear down the people and demean the gifts of those who join them rather than build them up in their faith and gifts as the Bible commands.

This whole website revolves around the grave damage caused by false teaching and practices of Jim McCotter; and the disciples he passed his teaching and practices down to.  To ask what he taught wrong is to MISS MOST OF WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE!!!

Deleting some formal written documentation of McCotter’s sinful abuses and errors on here with the “XEvil” Page interface block in no way removes the mountain of evidence against his unbiblical teachings and practices from the testimony of members once inside his wall of silence.  Some simple savvy computer skills will retrieve those pages soon enough.

I have not missed what is written there.... I wanted to open up this thread to just talk about his doctrine. There are lots of posts criticizing his practices.... I've read a lot of them. But on this thread I wanted to narrowly focus on his doctrine.... It seems like you're saying that his doctrine is Biblical, but his practice is if unBiblical. Am I understanding you right?  I have asked before, but it seemed in summing it up that you feel he's a narcissist. Is that correct. Because most of the things I've read on this forum seem to all point to that. And a narcissist can hurt a lot of people.
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 09:16:09 pm »

I would like to contribute a few things to this current thread, as one who has grown up in the movement.

First, as I have posted before,
while previous Larry Pile documents from Great Commission Warning and GCX Library seem to have been deleted,
they can still be accessed via The Way-Back Machine (https://archive.org/web/).

2nd, while I am not familiar on a personal level with McCotter or his previous teachings,
(as I was not born before he left the movement),
I am familiar with researching his recent teachings, which he posts on his own personal website
and per the separate house church movement group that he seems to have founded back in the early 2010's.

He seems to currently focus significantly on Dominionist Theology (in particular, the 7 Pillars of Influence).

In a nutshell, Dominionist Theology is not biblical,
as the ultimate outcome of this is a theocracy that misunderstands the Kingdom of Heaven to be an Earthly kingdom.

Very good.... This is the first doctrinal thing that I've heard of now, everything else has been practices. I actually agree with you. Dominionist theology is unBiblical. The Lord Jesus Christ is going to set up His Kingdom. That's not the job of the church. So, I totally agree with you there. I don't agree with Jim's interpretation there.

Having said that. It's amazing how many Evangelical groups do believe in some sort of Dominion theology. Anytime, you'll see something like the "social Gospel" that's rooted in that. Just yesterday, I read a very well known Evangelical pastor proclaim that when we see refugees and how we look at them is part of the Gospel. That's dominion theology. It actually has nothing to do with the Gospel, which is all about the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

This is doctrine.... I don't know why you call yourself Lost Creature 2. You're far from it!!!
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 09:21:58 pm »

If anyone has read any length at all of the testimonies here or was under McCotter’s or his disciples’ teachings himself, it would be straightforward to conclude the following:

McCotter twisted and perverted the Doctrines of Sin and Church Discipline.

McCotter taught that questioning him or his appointed elders was sin, and equal to the sin of “rebellion”.

McCotter taught that leaving his church group was sin, and also laid doubt on that person’s eternal salvation.

McCotter taught that thinking or speaking negatively about the leadership to anyone was sin, and usually often slandered that person’s reputation.

McCotter taught that those who questioned his or his disciples’ authority should be publicly labeled as “divisive” and therefore shunned by the rest of the members.  He sinfully twisted and abused the doctrine of Church Discipline.

McCotter twisted and perverted the Doctrines of Submission to Church Leaders, Commandments of Honoring God and Parents, and Seeking an Abundance of Wise Counsel

McCotter taught that men (and women) must seek the counsel of their leaders on who to pursue as a potential spouse.  He advised against pursuing those on the fringes or outside the church.

McCotter taught that members (especially college-aged) should not listen to their parents counsel or advice when it conflicted with the purposes of his church.

McCotter taught that an abundance of counsel meant many “wise” men from one place - his church.

McCotter taught in the 70’s that members should drop out of college to serve his church.

McCotter taught that a 10% tithe was not enough.

McCotter taught that single members should live exclusively with people from the church.

None of that is doctrine.... It's all practice.... Not that I'm saying that these things aren't very important, but I'm just saying that they are not dealing with doctrine. The closest this post comes to doctrine is the doctrine of sin... What did he teach that was unBiblical in doctrine? Did he teach that not everyone is a sinner.

Then doubting someone's eternal salvation could relate to doctrine, depending on the context.... I've seen a lot of Calvinists do this and they base it on the 5th point of the 5 points of Calvinism from Dordrecht in the 17th century. But I've not heard much from Jim as to what he believes on Calvinism.... Would you elaborate please?
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 08:56:31 am »

How about we end all the questions, and get to the truth about Jim McCotter?

This Friday at 4pm, Jim is available on a podcast to field any and all doctrinal questions that you wish to ask him.  I think this would be a far more effective way of finding out his most closely held beliefs, and also for others to confront him with whatever "claims" against his character that have been repeatedly made by the same people over and over again for decades.  How about just asking Jim in real time? 

I produce the show, and I will put you ON the show live WITH Jim, if you'd prefer that instead of asking questions by commenting them on the broadcast.  OR, you can call me direct, or text questions to my personal cell phone at 404-405-6358.  I don't know if you are Christians on here, but God loves truth, and also healing.  How about you do you part:  Confront Jim with these accusations!  Ask Jim theological and/or doctrinal questions to see if these things are actually true, or just a bunch of out of control accusations from people who hate this man.

Here's the link to the youtube channel for the podcast.  It's on every weekday at 4pm, but on Fridays Jim is completely focused on answering ALL questions!  Let's get this resolved!
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2021, 09:32:25 am »

How about we end all the questions, and get to the truth about Jim McCotter?

This Friday at 4pm, Jim is available on a podcast to field any and all doctrinal questions that you wish to ask him.  I think this would be a far more effective way of finding out his most closely held beliefs, and also for others to confront him with whatever "claims" against his character that have been repeatedly made by the same people over and over again for decades.  How about just asking Jim in real time? 

I produce the show, and I will put you ON the show live WITH Jim, if you'd prefer that instead of asking questions by commenting them on the broadcast.  OR, you can call me direct, or text questions to my personal cell phone at 404-405-6358.  I don't know if you are Christians on here, but God loves truth, and also healing.  How about you do you part:  Confront Jim with these accusations!  Ask Jim theological and/or doctrinal questions to see if these things are actually true, or just a bunch of out of control accusations from people who hate this man.

Here's the link to the youtube channel for the podcast.  It's on every weekday at 4pm, but on Fridays Jim is completely focused on answering ALL questions!  Let's get this resolved!

I think that would be a good idea.... Maybe some people feel intimidated.... I'm waiting to the answers to this question from everyone. I haven't heard much as far as doctrine is concerned, outside of one person mentioning dominion theology.... All of the complaints seem to be deal with practice.... Like Jim wants singles to live together....

Then also some, who've never met him, but had a bad experience with some elder or so in a GCx church, but at times it seems like Jim is the one blamed for it. But if someone has some personal issues with Jim McCotter, they should definitely do that....

But Vince, I also feel that some don't like the idea of dealing with these questions under the control of Jim McCotter.... Do you think that Jim would be open to coming on this forum maybe for some time period like a week? That way, everyone would be able to really deal with everything and get it down? They might feel they have the support of each other.... Or maybe Jim doesn't want to do that. And in some ways, I dont blame Jim.... But issues should be resolved one at a time and not all over the place.... That's why it would be good to get a finite list of complaints and deal with one complaint at a time... Otherwise, Jim would never be able to answer all of those questions coming from all over the place....

So, there have got to be some rules for discussion involved.... Otherwise, Jim would be ganged up upon and not be able to answer one question at a time, or one topic at a time....
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 10:29:36 am »

The False Prophets of the Old Testament outwardly subscribed to Scriptural beliefs, but INWARDLY OR BY PRACTICE they did not obey the scriptures.  They were rebels.  They gave false revelations and taught idolatrous practices.  The Word of God tells us we will PRIMARILY RECOGNIZE False Teachers and Prophets BY THEIR FRUIT!  What THEY DO and THE EFFECT THEY HAVE upon their followers is PARAMOUNT to judging their integrity as a teacher of God’s Word.  In fact, the Bible says to PUBLICALLY DISQUALIFY these “teachers” who SPIRITUALLY ABUSE their followers!!!  

So, to request an elimination of actions and character in examination of a Christian leader is LUDICROUS!!  

You are trying to ELEVATE THE PERPETRATOR who grossly sinned against thousands of unknowing believers in the Body of Christ.  How DARE YOU come on here to do such a thing!!  How DARE you attempt to legitimize McCotter’s Theological Practices!  

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:39:33 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 11:45:14 am »

The False Prophets of the Old Testament outwardly subscribed to Scriptural beliefs, but INWARDLY OR BY PRACTICE they did not obey the scriptures.  They were rebels.  They gave false revelations and taught idolatrous practices.  The Word of God tells us we will PRIMARILY RECOGNIZE False Teachers and Prophets BY THEIR FRUIT!  What THEY DO and THE EFFECT THEY HAVE upon their followers is PARAMOUNT to judging their integrity as a teacher of God’s Word.  In fact, the Bible says to PUBLICALLY DISQUALIFY these “teachers” who SPIRITUALLY ABUSE their followers!!!  

So, to request an elimination of actions and character in examination of a Christian leader is LUDICROUS!!  

You are trying to ELEVATE THE PERPETRATOR who grossly sinned against thousands of unknowing believers in the Body of Christ.  How DARE YOU come on here to do such a thing!!  How DARE you attempt to legitimize McCotter’s Theological Practices!  

I'm not asking for elimination of actions or character..... I Timothy 3, and Titus 1 all have the character traits of an elder. I'm just in this thread asking to focus on one trait.....I could see a separate thread on "child rearing practices" or "Business Dealings of Jim McCotter while overseas."  Thus far LostCreature has brought up one doctrinal issue and you might have brought up a doctrinal issue, where I asked for clarification and that would be the judgement of whether someone is saved based on an action.

Having said that, I'm very encouraged that you quoted the passage "By their fruits you will know them" in context of false teachers.... That verse has been taken out of context so much!!! So, that's good....

I would suggest to open up another thread on practices of Jim McCotter. The more specific, the better... Practices are more difficult, because they have to be evaluated in light of not just Scripture, but also culture and at times, a church has the freedom to do certain practices, like "Our services will be at 6 PM every Sunday evening..." That's for each church to decide on their culture and members.... But let's stay focused on this thread on just doctrines... not practices.... Do that on another thread....

Oh, and you might take Vince up on his offer to connect you directly with Jim McCotter.... So, you can discuss this directly with him....
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »

I would suggest to open up another thread on practices of Jim McCotter.
Oh, and you might take Vince up on his offer to connect you directly with Jim McCotter.... So, you can discuss this directly with him....
Practices, or character issues? I agree that character issues aren't directly relevant to this thread, but church practices are, because they originate from and support the church's teachings.

For example, the teaching that "Unity trumps truth." This was not, "Unity and truth are equally important," or, "Unity should be based on truth." "Unity trumps truth" was an idea used in support of another teaching, that of hyper-submission to the elders. "Unity trumps truth" meant that even if an elder could be shown to be teaching something wrong, it was more important to submit to that elder's authority than to be loyal to the truth. "Unity" in the context of the early GC churches meant unity of thought. Disunity was a challenge to the authority structure.

These intermeshed teachings led to all kinds of questionable practices If you were overheard expressing any form of criticism, the conversation would be reported to the deacons. You might get a late-night unexpected visit from said deacons, who would question you to see where your loyalties lay, or how you were affected by hearing the criticism. I know this because I experienced it. In too many cases, the teachings on unity and submission led to the traumatic experience of excommunication. I'm not going to go into the tragic cruelties of the excommunications. Some of the stories are told elsewhere on the forum, and some are things I know of personally but have never been given permission to share.

My point is that the aberrant teachings were interconnected with each other and with the practices of the churches, in a way that led to a culture of oppression. You cannot separate the teachings from the practices. Also, it trivializes those soul-crushing practices when you equate them to something innocuous like whether or not to hold 6PM Sunday services.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:03:31 pm by Huldah » Logged
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:11 pm »

I would suggest to open up another thread on practices of Jim McCotter.
Practices, or character issues? I agree that character issues aren't directly relevant to this thread, but church practices are, because they originate from and support the church's teachings.

For example, the teaching that "Unity trumps truth." This was not, "Unity and truth are equally important," or, "Unity should be based on truth." "Unity trumps truth" was an idea used in support of another teaching, that of hyper-submission to the elders. "Unity trumps truth" meant that even if an elder could be shown to be teaching something wrong, it was more important to submit to that elder's authority than to be loyal to the truth. "Unity" in the context of the early GC churches meant unity of thought. Disunity was a challenge to the authority structure.

These intermeshed teachings led to all kinds of questionable practices If you were overheard expressing any form of criticism, the conversation would be reported to the deacons. You might get a late-night unexpected visit from said deacons, who would question you to see where your loyalties lay, or how you were affected by hearing the criticism. I know this because I experienced it. In too many cases, the teachings on unity and submission led to the traumatic experience of excommunication. I'm not going to go into the tragic cruelties of the excommunications. Some of the stories are told elsewhere on the forum, and some are things I know of personally but have never been given permission to share.

My point is that the aberrant teachings were interconnected with each other and with the practices of the churches, in a way that led to a culture of oppression. You cannot separate the teachings from the practices. Also, it trivializes those soul-crushing practices when you equate them to something innocuous like whether or not to hold 6PM Sunday services.

Ok, I can kind of see how that a teaching of "Unity trumps truth" can be a doctrinal error...I've kind of heard things like that. But never in a totally blanket statement.... I don't think that Jim McCotter would ever advocate working together with the islam....So, it had limits. I talked with an elder from Ames, IA about that one time.... His response was the passage in Ephesians 4, where it talks about "being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you also were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." So, I believe Jim's answer would be that if it falls outside of these areas, then unity should be pursued....

So, for instance say that there is one believer who believes in a Pretrib rapture, the other one in a Pre-wrath rapture.... The two believers could still be united, because unity would trump truth there, because the unity is in Christ. But not a blanket unity with just about anyone... There is no unity between a believer and an unbeliever...

And yes, there is a lot to talk about when it comes to practices... but that goes beyond the scope of this particular thread....
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:40 pm »

PWW, you're totally missing the point. Of course he wasn't talking about Islam. He was using the idea of unity as a club to prevent independent thinking and to enforce obedience to a spiritually abusive system. Please don't try to soften or deflect that point with a lot of verbiage about limits or alternate interpretations. You asked for examples of doctrinal error, so I just gave one. Let's stick to that, okay?

And my earlier point is that bad teaching and bad practices were inseparable. It wasn't the ideas themselves that did so much damage; it was the ideas as they were put into practice. You literally cannot discuss one without discussing the other.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 08:50:34 pm »

PWW, you're totally missing the point. Of course he wasn't talking about Islam. He was using the idea of unity as a club to prevent independent thinking and to enforce obedience to a spiritually abusive system. Please don't try to soften or deflect that point with a lot of verbiage about limits or alternate interpretations. You asked for examples of doctrinal error, so I just gave one. Let's stick to that, okay?

And my earlier point is that bad teaching and bad practices were inseparable. It wasn't the ideas themselves that did so much damage; it was the ideas as they were put into practice. You literally cannot discuss one without discussing the other.

Excellent.  I'm going to relay this accusation on Friday in the form of a question.  This way we can find out whether your accusation is true or false.  If it's false, I'm sure you will ask for forgiveness and never make that accusation again, and if it's true, Jim will have to admit he was wrong.  I love the truth. It adds it all the nonsense.  I'm a big fan of the "horse's mouth".
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 09:11:30 pm »

Go for it, kiddo. And if he denies that he ever taught it, well then, who are we gonna believe, the guy who taught it and then claimed he didn't, or our own lyin' ears?
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:21 pm »

Huldah,

It's borderline doctrine.... When I asked about doctrine, I wanted to know what Doctrine as what you would find in a Bible Doctrine Book, A statement of Faith, or book on Systematic Theology. I have been saying the entire time that I realize that practice is important... But you guys are answering it, (outside of LostCreature2) and dealing with protocols on practice....  This is a normal tendency in all churches. As a matter of fact, very few churches divide on doctrine, they'll divide on practice. Back in the time of Jesus, the issues were not doctrinal, i.e. according to the Torah, but according to their oral traditions or laws, which later became the Talmud...

When you make a blanket statement like Jim teaches unity trumps truth, you make him into a very liberal ecumenicalist. That's not what Jim taught.... I know that. But he did teach that in minor doctrines to have unity.... And to pursue unity with believers.... Now if this was abused, we've gotten into the realm of practice and application.

Let's see what this is based upon: In Hermeneutics, you'll have three or four layers that you would go through with the Scriptures.

1. Observation. This is where one observes what the Text says.
2. Correlation. (Many times taught as part of Observation, hence three or four layers). Putting it together with historical context and cultural context.
3. Interpretation. This is what this thread is about... It's not about the next layer, which is where most of you are focusing on.
4. Application. Obedience to the Word. How to apply what you just learned...

To illustrate this with a simile.

Imagine if I started a thread.... How does a car engine work. and I'm getting responses to where you can go with the car. Like: you can drive on the interstate....

Read the thread... It's all about doctrine. Start other threads about practices.... But that's not what this is about.

So, if you bring up a doctrine, like: Unity trumps truth.... Then you're stating this as an absolute law as far as Jim McCotter was concerned. So, I challenged it with the example of islam... Then you started specifying a bunch of things and in a sense nullifying your statement... Well, Vince is going to ask Jim McCotter. I'm sure that he would never agree with a blanket statement like: "Unity trumps truth."  But we'll see what he said.

Again the only one, who's really brought up something substantial is LostCreature2 with Dominion Theology... And when I point out that people are not answering the questions, some of you get upset, thinking that I don't want to hear about the practice or consider it important. No.... I just want to have a focused discussion. But I believe most of you all's difficulties are not with Jim McCotter's doctrines, but with his practice. Which is fine... Just admit that...
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2021, 01:46:03 am »

So, if you bring up a doctrine, like: Unity trumps truth.... Then you're stating this as an absolute law as far as Jim McCotter was concerned. So, I challenged it with the example of islam... Then you started specifying a bunch of things and in a sense nullifying your statement... Well, Vince is going to ask Jim McCotter. I'm sure that he would never agree with a blanket statement like: "Unity trumps truth."  But we'll see what he said.

This is why I hesitated to even post in this thread. My words have been twisted. I don't know if it's a language barrier thing (although your English is excellent) or whether your mind just works very differently from mine, or maybe even whether you're baiting me on purpose... I just don't know. I just had a gut feeling that whatever I said would be misrepresented, and I was right.

I have nothing further to say on this as I believe my efforts would be wasted.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 11:57:47 am »

Huldah and everyone else on this thread who hate a brother in the Lord, this is where you really are missing it.  You think I don't have an issue with people who represent Jesus, and then show clearly that they hate a brother in Christ and have ZERO desire to iron things out?  It's God's reputation I'm jealous for.  Satan rejoices when believers trash other believers' character, the way you are doing with Jim.  It IS very sad to me because you are giving unbelievers the perfect excuse for NEVER believing.  You don't seem to realize what God went through for the opportunity to be reconciled with you when you refuse to be reconciled with Jim, who, no matter what, cannot even remotely approach the offense that we were to God, and yet He sought to reconcile and offered forgiveness in advance.  Don't you see how UN-God like you are when you refuse to confront the person you've discredited?  PLEASE seek for peace, as Paul commanded.  It is our responsibility as Jesus followers to be at peace with each other, and Jim is waiting to hear from ANYONE who has a problem with anything they think he has done, or witnessed things he has done in his past.  Why not love Jim, and everyone else?  Isn't that what we are  called to do?  Imagine if EVERYONE on here found out that you worked things out with Jim?  Imagine if you could tell everyone here that Jim is a precious possession of God, and is righteous and justified by the blood of Jesus, just like YOU are?  Wouldn't that be a HUGE witness?
Linda

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2021, 01:38:17 pm »

Pointing out flawed teaching and practice is not hate. It is discernment.

Mischaracterizing the statements of people you disagree with and calling them liars, haters, and Satan pleasers is a very bad thing. It's ad hominem at best. People see through it, Vince.

Registering on this forum and agreeing to the rules (no spamming, respecting people who choose to post anonymously, failing to respect the concept that this forum is for people to discuss their experiences with bad teaching and practice in GCx churches, etc.) and then breaking the rules seems to be the GCC way.

I don't need to contact Joel Osteen to tell him his theology is flawed before I tell people what is wrong with it. I don't know him. He is a public figure. His teaching is public.

Inasmuch as Jim McCotter is a public figure and his teaching is public, it is fair game for discussion. End of story. It's not an issue of "being at peace with a brother". It's an issue of warning fellow believers about bad teaching.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2021, 02:21:03 pm »

Pointing out flawed teaching and practice is not hate. It is discernment.

Mischaracterizing the statements of people you disagree with and calling them liars, haters, and Satan pleasers is a very bad thing. It's ad hominem at best. People see through it, Vince.

Registering on this forum and agreeing to the rules (no spamming, respecting people who choose to post anonymously, failing to respect the concept that this forum is for people to discuss their experiences with bad teaching and practice in GCx churches, etc.) and then breaking the rules seems to be the GCC way.

I don't need to contact Joel Osteen to tell him his theology is flawed before I tell people what is wrong with it. I don't know him. He is a public figure. His teaching is public.

Inasmuch as Jim McCotter is a public figure and his teaching is public, it is fair game for discussion. End of story. It's not an issue of "being at peace with a brother". It's an issue of warning fellow believers about bad teaching.

I've read enough of yours and others on here to know for CERTAIN that there is MUCH more going on than discussion of false teaching.  Why not just confront Jim and ask him about all these "doctrinal" disagreements?  For instance, I've read about people on here that insist Jim taught people should "BEAT" their children.  This is so unfair, sister.  I'm going to bring that up tomorrow as well, so you can hear his CLEAR view on raising children.  You are quoting a MEDIA source to prove your point?  Really?  I'm not saying YOU did that, but it's on here more than once.  I've met 4 of Jim's children, and their kids.  These are some VERY well balanced folks.  You have no reason to make these accusations.  Either way, I'm going through this site and making questions out of all of your accusations.  Let's see if any of them are true, and let's remember that slander and gossip are very damaging to the Kingdom.  Your site is available to the world, and you doing this tarnishes God's reputation.  Why don't you repent from this and just get it right with Jim once and for all... let's be an example of this!
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2021, 02:54:04 pm »

It's God's reputation I'm jealous for.  

Well, it's actually Jim's reputation you keep defending, but I guess you tend to confuse the two.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:04:00 pm by Huldah » Logged
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 07:58:57 pm »

Gossip by one believer about another hurts God's reputation.  Jim isn't affected by this even a little.  The only one who is harmed is God.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2021, 08:29:31 pm »

Gossip by one believer about another hurts God's reputation.  Jim isn't affected by this even a little.  The only one who is harmed is God.

So Jim is tougher and more resilient than God?

Good grief, Vince, you've really outdone yourself this time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: