Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:38:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GCM is Trasporting to India, well at least Tom Short  (Read 22857 times)
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 11:00:21 pm »

Interesting that neither his request for money nor his attached agenda list where he's going in India.  Suppose he's taking in a little sun and golf at a Goan coast resort?

Angry

When I was attending the GCC church, there was a GCC pastor who talked about frequent trips to India. He ended up getting in trouble for evangelism work in India. He was unable to continue without risk of getting caught entering. I believe it was Rick Whitney, but honestly don't remember.

If India is the same way today.....I don't think anyone will hear what the India faith walkers looks like. Culturally there could be more risk for believers.

I don't think that Rick Whitney has ever gone to India.
Godisgrace
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 11:42:04 pm »

I don't remember who was talking about his experience. He is a GCC pastor. The culture in India wasn't friendly to it evangelism, eventually stern warning to stay away from entering India.

If GCC is thriving in India, I am cautious of the contents. The risks the believers part take of is higher than a Christian in United States. The things that they would share or make public is probably more limited,due to what being Christian in India.

Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 07:21:26 am »

I think you are think of Mike Keator, he has had a long term mission in India. He was arrested for handing out gospel flyers. I think in India it's not illegal to practice Christianity, but it's illegal to solicit or try to convert people or something?
Isthisreal?
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 03:10:42 pm »

You are correct. No soliciting in India.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: