Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:26:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if MD is found to NOT be....  (Read 187990 times)
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2018, 10:34:56 am »

GTA, I don't blame Jeromy for being angry. I would be angry and upset, too, if it were my father.

I'm blaming him because his actions here go beyond understandable anger. In the first place, he's a person in  public Christian ministry who nonetheless lied to get access to this forum. He doesn't dispute the lie; he even defends it. He has then used his forum access to post the most vile, vicious, disrespectful, and intimidating things about people he doesn't know. He has done this over, and over, and over. This goes beyond mere anger on his father's behalf.

I may be wrong about this being a deliberate campaign to silence the other accusers, but until someone comes up with a more plausible explanation for Jeromy's bizarre behavior, that's the scenario that strikes me as the most likely.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:39:07 am by Huldah » Logged
Shamednomore
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2018, 10:39:42 am »

Or was the lawyer just hired to defend ECC, and MD, and try to find ways to discredit the women and deter them from speaking out

I suggest you contact someone and ask these questions, instead of speculative gossip here. 

I'd like to know your definition of gossip and slander and unbiblical.  or actually, no I wouldn't.  Who do you suggest I contact to ask these questions?  Lynn, who isn't answering questions?
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2018, 10:46:13 am »

Being fed up does not justify any and all insults and behavior. 
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2018, 11:00:16 am »

GTA, go back and read JD's posts again. Can you honestly say that if you were a victim, you wouldn't be frightened to come forward?
Linda

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2018, 11:08:12 am »

Can we all agree that if Suzanne is not telling the truth, and/or making up victims (as some have suggested) she should face consequences?

Likewise, can we all agree that if Mark D has engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior, he should face consequences?

Are we all in agreement on this?

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2018, 11:15:36 am »

Can we all agree that if Suzanne is not telling the truth, and/or making up victims (as some have suggested) she should face consequences?

Likewise, can we all agree that if Mark D has engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior, he should face consequences?

I would hope we are
Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2018, 11:16:09 am »

Or was the lawyer just hired to defend ECC, and MD, and try to find ways to discredit the women and deter them from speaking out

I suggest you contact someone and ask these questions, instead of speculative gossip here. 

I'd like to know your definition of gossip and slander and unbiblical.  or actually, no I wouldn't.  Who do you suggest I contact to ask these questions?  Lynn, who isn't answering questions?
Have you personally tried to contact her?
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2018, 11:16:57 am »

I hope so. I think so. I agree with this.
Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2018, 11:30:10 am »

Being fed up does not justify any and all insults and behavior. 

Yep, but the hundreds and hundreds of insults towards certain pastors of this movement go unchallenged.  Are you saying what goes on in this "healing" forum is justified??   
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2018, 11:46:45 am »

DLM, you are calling us a mob of sick people seeking revenge.

But when you introduced yourself (hellos and testimonies) you clearly stated that you came here to throw stones and seek revenge.

Mob is even in your name.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2018, 04:24:31 pm »

I seek no revenge. I said I came here for one reason only - to defend the reputation and honor of a man who has been attacked here and on social media by woman unwilling to answer any questions. Until two weeks ago, not one person here on this forum questioned the validity if these accusations. And it was in fact a digital lynch mob. When this ends, I will disappear from this space forever.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2018, 05:21:42 pm »

DLM,

You might want to go back and change what you said in the hello section. You are on record. Throwing stones and revenge.

Thanks.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2018, 05:23:53 pm »

Oh, I see, you changed it.

Thank you.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2018, 08:14:21 pm »

GTA, I don't blame Jeromy for being angry. I would be angry and upset, too, if it were my father.

I'm blaming him because his actions here go beyond understandable anger. In the first place, he's a person in  public Christian ministry who nonetheless lied to get access to this forum. He doesn't dispute the lie; he even defends it. He has then used his forum access to post the most vile, vicious, disrespectful, and intimidating things about people he doesn't know. He has done this over, and over, and over. This goes beyond mere anger on his father's behalf.

I may be wrong about this being a deliberate campaign to silence the other accusers, but until someone comes up with a more plausible explanation for Jeromy's bizarre behavior, that's the scenario that strikes me as the most likely.

Um, how about you just ask me directly since I'm right here reading all this stuff? You're all still missing the irony in a bunch of anonymous users pontificating on what is or isn't "right" and "biblical" (many of whom regularly break the "rules" anyway). You guys literally "believe" anything anyone says on this forum as long as it lines up with your own hurts and prejudices - just like little children changing their minds over and over again by whatever sounds convincing to them. I can't even describe to you the level of hurt I feel when I come out to defend my father from ugly, nasty, life-changing, career-ending accusations only to be told I'm trying to "silence" other victims. It's so disgusting and phony I have no words to describe it. I will not ever stop defending my father until this website ceases to talk about him. That's my deal
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2018, 08:21:19 pm »

I am a current member of ECC, and to help show that Jeromy and his group of "folllowers" don't speak for all of us, I'd like the counter all of his beliefs with what I believe as a member of ECC.

1)  I believe that scout was a victim of multiple forms of abuse by her pastor Mark Darling, including emotional abuse, psychological abuse, abuse of power.  I believe her account of what happened when she was younger and in the college group and the inappropriate things done by her pastor.  I believe that 25-30 years later, some exact details may not be remembered exactly right, which allows other to try to poke holes in her story, but I believe the overarching important points.
2)  I believe the account of Victim C, and count it as a second account of abuse at the hands of Mark Darling.
3)  I believe the account of Victim A, and count it as a third account of abuse at the hands of Mark Darling.
4)  I believe the reports that say there could be 3-5 other women with similar stories that either choose not to speak or are fearful of what will happen if they speak.
5)  I believe that the actions of Jeromy Darling and all of his "followers" are a form of active suppression of any and all voices that would like to speak against Mark Darling, including potential other victims.
6)  I believe the "investigation" will be limited in the amount of information and truth it will be able to collect, partially due to the active suppression that Jeromy and his "followers" are pushing.
7)  I believe that this will likely cause the "investigation" to come to inconclusive results, not able to verify fully and evidence of abuse, but for you "followers", I'd like to point out that doesn't make Mark innocent, it just makes him not able to be found guilty by this "investigation" that was handcuffed by the suppression from within our church working on his behalf.

I don't know where that will leave the church and it's Board on the next steps.  But for me as a member, I will be extremely troubled by the things I've learned.  I will be extremely troubled that the investigation by my church was potentially hand-cuffed by the forces for suppression from within my church.  I will be left unsure whether I should trust one of the founding pastors of my church.  I will be left unsure whether any of the other pastors from this church even had the necessary level of accountability over Mark.  I will be left to wonder if all the rumors of our cult-like past are more than just rumors.

So I ask you, Jeromy and your team of "followers", as a member of this church, you have caused me to have growing, serious concerns about my church.  You stated that your goal was only to clear your fathers name, but I don't see how you are helping that. However I do see how you are helping to cause those within your church to start questioning a lot of things.

Yeah, I'm calling your bluff friend. Another brand new anonymous user making claims no one can prove or verify? Why should we believe anything you have to say? See that's the darkness of the web - anyone can say whatever they want and expect that everyone will believe them - it's the end of the world if we embrace that ideology. And for the record, you've countered my opinion by stating what EVERY EXISTING MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE ALREADY FEELS - is this somehow validated by claiming to be a member of ECC? Even if you're not lying, you're still outnumbered a few thousand to one in this opinion and you're the first person "claiming" to be a member that has said anything like this to me (of course, you're not actually saying it to me, cause if you were a member, you could very easily get my phone number or email and connect with me face to face to rebuke be as laid out in the Scriptures). All you've proven is that someone you don't know can write something on facebook and you'll instantly believe it without any proof whatsoever. So preaching to the choir on this website achieves exactly nothing and only causes every defender of my father to dig their heals in even more.
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2018, 09:35:34 pm »

Jeromy: You have repeatedly said people are in the wrong for being anonymous on this site. I'm just curious, if you knew my name, or the name of Mapleleaf (or insert any other user here), how would this change your opinions of us, and why? What, if any, information do you think our names would provide you that would cause a change in your opinions, your perspective of our ideas and arguments, or your response towards us?

Related: Do you think it is appropriate for the Evergreen Board of Trustees members to be anonymous? Why or why not?

Also, I see Matthew 18 thrown around a lot as the only biblical model for addressing concerns with another Christian or church. I am pretty certain I have a substantially different interpretation of the meaning of that passage than you do. But based on your understanding of it, where does your presence on this board fit in with your views of what Matthew 18 instructs you to do because you think we have wronged you?

Finally, do you believe that your presence on this site has helped your father's case? Do you think continuing to engage here is the best way to make the chatter die down? Do you think that part of the reason this site now comes up first when you search for Mark Darling is because of all the times you have said his name here and all the extra traffic to the site you have fueled by posting?

I am not trying to attack here. I want your honest answers.  Thanks
Mapleleaf
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2018, 06:31:46 am »

I am a current member of ECC, and to help show that Jeromy and his group of "folllowers" don't speak for all of us, I'd like the counter all of his beliefs with what I believe as a member of ECC.

1)  I believe that scout was a victim of multiple forms of abuse by her pastor Mark Darling, including emotional abuse, psychological abuse, abuse of power.  I believe her account of what happened when she was younger and in the college group and the inappropriate things done by her pastor.  I believe that 25-30 years later, some exact details may not be remembered exactly right, which allows other to try to poke holes in her story, but I believe the overarching important points.
2)  I believe the account of Victim C, and count it as a second account of abuse at the hands of Mark Darling.
3)  I believe the account of Victim A, and count it as a third account of abuse at the hands of Mark Darling.
4)  I believe the reports that say there could be 3-5 other women with similar stories that either choose not to speak or are fearful of what will happen if they speak.
5)  I believe that the actions of Jeromy Darling and all of his "followers" are a form of active suppression of any and all voices that would like to speak against Mark Darling, including potential other victims.
6)  I believe the "investigation" will be limited in the amount of information and truth it will be able to collect, partially due to the active suppression that Jeromy and his "followers" are pushing.
7)  I believe that this will likely cause the "investigation" to come to inconclusive results, not able to verify fully and evidence of abuse, but for you "followers", I'd like to point out that doesn't make Mark innocent, it just makes him not able to be found guilty by this "investigation" that was handcuffed by the suppression from within our church working on his behalf.

I don't know where that will leave the church and it's Board on the next steps.  But for me as a member, I will be extremely troubled by the things I've learned.  I will be extremely troubled that the investigation by my church was potentially hand-cuffed by the forces for suppression from within my church.  I will be left unsure whether I should trust one of the founding pastors of my church.  I will be left unsure whether any of the other pastors from this church even had the necessary level of accountability over Mark.  I will be left to wonder if all the rumors of our cult-like past are more than just rumors.

So I ask you, Jeromy and your team of "followers", as a member of this church, you have caused me to have growing, serious concerns about my church.  You stated that your goal was only to clear your fathers name, but I don't see how you are helping that. However I do see how you are helping to cause those within your church to start questioning a lot of things.

Yeah, I'm calling your bluff friend. Another brand new anonymous user making claims no one can prove or verify? Why should we believe anything you have to say? See that's the darkness of the web - anyone can say whatever they want and expect that everyone will believe them - it's the end of the world if we embrace that ideology. And for the record, you've countered my opinion by stating what EVERY EXISTING MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE ALREADY FEELS - is this somehow validated by claiming to be a member of ECC? Even if you're not lying, you're still outnumbered a few thousand to one in this opinion and you're the first person "claiming" to be a member that has said anything like this to me (of course, you're not actually saying it to me, cause if you were a member, you could very easily get my phone number or email and connect with me face to face to rebuke be as laid out in the Scriptures). All you've proven is that someone you don't know can write something on facebook and you'll instantly believe it without any proof whatsoever. So preaching to the choir on this website achieves exactly nothing and only causes every defender of my father to dig their heals in even more.

OK, I'm confused.  You're calling my bluff? I don't understand what that means.  Because I'm a new poster on this forum, I must be fake?  There's been a bunch of new posters on this forum in the last month, and most of them have been from our church and you had no problem believing their authenticity.  Is that just because they were also pledging allegiance to your fathers innocence and I'm not.  Because I won't toe the lie with the rest of your "followers", I can't be from within your church?  But just for the record, I am from within Evergreen.  I was at Evergreen Bloomington when your father was there before the Rock.  I was there at the Rock, with you and your father for many years (including being there way back on night #1 at Blake School, and many more over at Jefferson).  In more recent years, I've returned to Evergreen (for reasons I won't discuss as it'd likely give up my anonymity).  Yes, Jeromy, you may not like it, but there is a growing number of people within your church that are doubting your father's innocence, and they are disturbed by the acts of suppression you and your following are pushing.  You can dismiss me, and believe I'm another alter ego of someone else here, but the fact remains that there is a growing number from within our church that are growing increasingly frustrated with the potential realities of your father, the way this investigation has been handled, and how you and your "followers" have turned around what you called a witch hunt on your father, and turned it into your own version of one, on anyone who doesn't agree with your father's innocence.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2018, 07:06:15 am »

OK, I'm confused.  You're calling my bluff? I don't understand what that means.  Because I'm a new poster on this forum, I must be fake?  There's been a bunch of new posters on this forum in the last month, and most of them have been from our church and you had no problem believing their authenticity.  Is that just because they were also pledging allegiance to your fathers innocence and I'm not.  Because I won't toe the lie with the rest of your "followers", I can't be from within your church?  But just for the record, I am from within Evergreen.  I was at Evergreen Bloomington when your father was there before the Rock.  I was there at the Rock, with you and your father for many years (including being there way back on night #1 at Blake School, and many more over at Jefferson).  In more recent years, I've returned to Evergreen (for reasons I won't discuss as it'd likely give up my anonymity).  Yes, Jeromy, you may not like it, but there is a growing number of people within your church that are doubting your father's innocence, and they are disturbed by the acts of suppression you and your following are pushing.  You can dismiss me, and believe I'm another alter ego of someone else here, but the fact remains that there is a growing number from within our church that are growing increasingly frustrated with the potential realities of your father, the way this investigation has been handled, and how you and your "followers" have turned around what you called a witch hunt on your father, and turned it into your own version of one, on anyone who doesn't agree with your father's innocence.

Calling your bluff meaning I don't believe you're a current member. I can tell just by the sarcastic and disgusted way you're referring to me, my "followers", my father and my church. And since I'm actually still a member and regularly talking to pastors and members from other locations, I can happen to know with my own eyes and ears that you're wrong and that you're on here just to stir the pot even more and create dissention and doubt
Al
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2018, 07:15:30 am »

I've been trying to follow these threads. Do you mind expounding on what you feel the "acts of suppression" are? From my observations, Jeromy clearly believes what he is saying. If he is suppressing something, that would suggest that he, in some way, believes his father is not innocent. I just don't see his actions represent someone who doubts what he is saying. Do you care to expound on what you mean?
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2018, 07:18:46 am »

Mapleleaf I'm curious if you are also troubled by accusations being leveled against a man on social media and on this forum rather than in a more biblically constructive way? I'm curious if it bothers you at all that when Evergreen responded to Suzanne they asked her to engage with them so they could sit down an discuss these charges, but she chose to continue to fire her arrows on social media instead. I wonder if you have any concerns about the utter lack of the presumption of innocence shown here on this forum and by Suzanne's "followers." Does it cause you to question Suzanne when she refuses to answer any questions asked of her here or anywhere? I wonder if the inconsistencies in her story cause you any concern about the credibility of these charges.

It seems odd to attack a man's son for standing up for his father in the public forum Suzanne has chosen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: