Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:31:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe it or not, Jim McCotter is back - sort of!  (Read 114430 times)
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2021, 01:48:51 pm »

It's curious that out of ALL these people, not one is willing to accuse Jim to his face.  It is appropriate to consider these accusations FALSE, unless they are willing to confront Jim McCotter, which they can do ANY day at 4pm!  If you want to come on live and accuse Jim, then contact me at 404-405-6358 and I will GUARANTEE you that you will not be cut off, and YOU will guide the conversation with no interference.  You will be talking direct to Jim in the presence of many witnesses and given all the time you need to air your thoughts, ask your questions, etc.  Why not stop this gossip and slander and simply address Jim directly?  If you can't do this, then it's rational to consider that you are lying, hateful, and cowardly.

I think there must be SOMEONE here who actually cares about their accusations enough to air them publically... 404-405-6358
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2021, 03:16:13 pm »

Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “Listen and understand. A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it.”

Then the disciples came to Him and said, “Are You aware that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

But Jesus replied, “Every plant that My heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by its roots. Disregard them! They are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Peter said to Him, “Explain this parable to us.”

“Do you still not understand?” Jesus asked. “Do you not yet realize that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then is eliminated? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, and slander. These are what defile a man...

Matthew 15:10-20   BSB   (Emphasis mine)

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2021, 01:25:02 pm »

Do you read all the things that you've written.  The vile lies and slander that you perpetrate.  Then even current efforts by Jim to encourage others are reframed by you to preserve your excuse for continuing in your bitterness.  How about FINALLY ending all this.  Jim will call you if you want to talk.  It can be private instead of public if you prefer that.  Stop making excuses!
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2021, 02:04:49 pm »

For the record, Vince Capobianco has never pointed out a single instance of Jim being slandered on this forum, even when repeatedly asked to do so.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2021, 01:46:09 pm »

So many false accusations, so little time...those who have posted here...why not confront Jim in person, LIVE? 
Hi!  For anyone who would like to actually SEE & HEAR Jim McCotter address all these accusations, Jim is willing to take LIVE questions on his weekday podcasts every Friday.  It's time to actually "put your money where your mouth is".  Tomorrow and every Friday at 4pm, you can log onto the podcast on facebook or on his youtube channel...

He's ready and willing to finally address any and all accusations and questions!  You ready to ask?  You can just comment your question, or actually come on live with Jim!  Either way, it's time for the whole truth to come out!

Facebook @jimmccotterlive
youtube search for Jim McCotter Live channel or follow these links

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-a-MOV_qjSKEpLcx9pR3g

https://www.facebook.com/JimMcCotterLIVE
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2021, 05:40:12 pm »

It is important to understand that McCotter was acting as director of the GCx leaders & churches during the time of massive excommunications. Though he himself seemed very much to slander the reputations of any leaders or members who said or taught truth from scripture that revealed his own error to manipulate GCx members to perform as he “commanded”; he seemed to do it in secret behind closed doors so it would appear the different churches were excommunicating independent of his strong influence. The following are excerpts from “Marching to Zion” by Larry Pile demonstrating such perverted persuasion.

On Sunday, March 7, [1977] Jim McCotter got Phil and Bob Miller to resign as elders, and he persuaded Jim Schooler to say that he was wrong to leave the group and that there was no leadership hierarchy in the church or the movement.

After this Jim McCotter began to teach on authority and submission, saying he felt very strongly about these things and was going to get a lot stronger. He taught that it was the responsibility of the sheep to just totally submit to the shepherd, even if that shepherd were perverse, and that God would vindicate the sheep while holding the shepherd accountable. He supported his argument with 1 Peter 2:18-20, which instructs servants to submit even to unreasonable masters.
- Larry Pile

First, the sociological problem of following a man and not God. The problem appears in I Corinthians 3. Paul says he and Appolos [sic] are only servants through whom they believed. Bill's point was that the man is nothing, but God who is behind the man. With the passing of time it began to dawn on me that this problem was associated with Jim McCotter.
- Former Founding member of Columbus GCx Church

misinterpretation of Scripture, specifically of the Greek word hairetikos, translated "heretic" or "factious man." Brooky and Mack differed…

[Brooky & Mack] they emphasized that faction was doctrinal, not personal. Brooky says, "To us a factious person is one who teaches false doctrine and gathers individuals around him and thus leads these individuals astray from the truth. Bill had not done this. He was not accused of doctrinal variance - nor did Bill have a following."

Brooky also reported to me, "It was after this meeting that we realized that the real issues were not between Bill and Columbus, or even between Bill and Jim. THE ISSUES WERE CONCERNING DOCTRINAL ERRORS - THE SOURCE OF WHICH WAS JIM. This thing had been made to look like a 'personality conflict.' But in reality ERROR was being taught to the sheep and Bill alone recognized it."…

When asked by the Las Cruces brothers, the SRF elders admitted that they were in communication with both Jim McCotter and Herschel Martindale during the days of their meetings together, apparently unaware of the implications of such an admission - so much for their claims of "Columbus discipline" and "non-interference" in local matters. …
- Larry Pile

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 07:38:49 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2021, 01:31:38 pm »

This is categorically FALSE.  This is terrible slander made from tales told by others and repeated.  Just awful.  Why not come on live with Jim on his podcast and confront him directly with this things to give him a chance to tell his side of the story?  Come on!  Let's get this all in the open and deal with it all one way or another!  It would lead to healing! 
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2021, 06:21:42 pm »

If any forum readers plan to take Vince up on his invitation, I recommend taking a look at the McCotter Poison thread first, http://forum.gcmwarning.com/jim-mccotter-gc-history/mccotter-poison/. There's a lot to ask McCotter about!

Also consider this: if Jim McCotter denies all the accusations, how will you know whether to believe him or not? If McCotter didn't do the things he's accused of, why are so many people (many of them Christians who truly love the Lord) seemingly invested in maliciously undermining someone who was always a very minor player on the evangelical stage? Those are questions worth pondering.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:56:21 pm by Huldah » Logged
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2021, 01:38:49 pm »

You don't have to believe him, but why not at LEAST ask him so he can defend himself against all these accusations?  It only seems fair.  That said, if he has been brought before a church through obedience to Matthew 18 and removed, then please let me know what church, who, and when so I can follow up on that!
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2021, 02:43:42 pm »

I don't recall anyone here ever accusing McCotter being placed under church discipline. Where did you even come up with that?

And how about you tell us which churches McCotter has been a rank-and-file member of (not a leader of) since leaving GC? Has he ever placed himself under the authority of a pastor in a recognized denomination? Kind of hard for someone to be disciplined if he's not under authority, isn't it?
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2021, 08:14:43 pm »

I don't recall anyone here ever accusing McCotter being placed under church discipline. Where did you even come up with that?

And how about you tell us which churches McCotter has been a rank-and-file member of (not a leader of) since leaving GC? Has he ever placed himself under the authority of a pastor in a recognized denomination? Kind of hard for someone to be disciplined if he's not under authority, isn't it?

Thank you, Huldah!!

Nobody could have stated that truth better!

From McCotter’s history there is little reason to expect the whole truth to be spoken by him in regard to his own words and actions in GCx.  He is still leaving behind wounded believers in his wake, as recent as the “church” following he had in Englewood, Colorado a few years ago. We already know he would deceive, deny, and attempt to destroy any who confront him with the error of his ways. We are aware from documentation by numerous believers (and our own experience) that he is very good at that.

The proverb “Don’t answer a fool according to his folly” would perfectly address coming on Jim’s show. This one also very much applies.

Stay away from a foolish man; you will gain no knowledge from his speech.

Proverbs 14:7

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 06:43:10 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2022, 05:01:30 pm »

Here's a quick update in case anyone wants to keep up with McCotter's most recent projects. The official name of his current business entity is 3Mandates.

The "Open Corporates" website lists 3Mandates as a "non profit corporation" incorporated in Colorado in 2013 (https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_co/20131457973.) The same website also lists a Florida branch incorporated in 2020 as a
"foreign non profit"  (https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/F20000001337). (I don't know whether "foreign" in this context means "overseas" or merely "out of state.") The EIN number for IRS lookups is 463377254.

There's also a "3 Missions Corporation," listed as a "domestic non profit" entity incorporated in Florida in 2021. (https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/N21000004997). I couldn't find an EIN number and the entity isn't in the IRS database. However, that may not mean anything, since the IRS database isn't always up to date.

Neither 3Mandates nor 3 Missions appears to have a website, as far as I could find, unless you count McCotter's online bookstore.

This information is publicly available from multiple websites, and is provided for research purposes only.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 05:34:53 pm by Huldah » Logged
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2022, 08:24:54 pm »

Based on McCotter’s history of dishonesty this is helpful information for anyone trying to research his activity if they were tempted to invest financially in his “interests or corporations;” or become involved in his “spiritual” advice. He does have a pattern of deception and destruction not only in his “church” founding and members, but in his business endeavors and employees. Each one I’ve read about has been quite unsavory to say the least.

Huldah, I had seen some these changing company names and wondered if they were sketchy.

Miss Current, a poster on this site familiar with McCotter on the business/political scene, is quite concerned about McCotter’s lack of good character and using the name of Christ to gain favor in the business world and otherwise.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:36:24 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:22 am »

Huldah, I had seen some these changing company names and wondered if they were sketchy.

I can't find any specific information about any of their actual activities, other than selling Jim's books. That in itself raises questions; how can a legitimate charity operate with no public record of their activities? So, I've put the basics here as a starting point for anyone who wants to follow through and do deeper research.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2022, 06:07:21 pm »

A couple more updates. According to the website of the Colorado Secretary of State (search page: https://www.coloradosos.gov/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do), 3Mandates is the "registrant name" of the organization, while "Greenwood Fellowship" is its "trade name".  Greenwood Fellowship was the subject of the first post in this thread.

ZoomInfo (https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Roland-Ripamonti/2518893114) also lists a 3Mandates Media associated with Jim McCotter, but I can find no further information on that. The description says, "3Mandates Media offers full production services or simply consultation and advice for shows or productions." However, no such company is registered in either Colorado or Florida, so perhaps it was planned but never materialized.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2022, 07:36:32 pm »

Could it be that 3Mandates was financed by Greenwood Fellowship in Englewood, Colorado? Could McCotter have used the members money to start it up and then it failed? If so, did the members know a “media and consulting company” was on their dollar? Perhaps it is listed under Greenwood Church so taxes would be avoided. But, the services they are offering are not necessarily ministerial.

When I was in the church in Silver Spring, Maryland McCotter started up a radio show. I think some of the money may have come from the Silver Spring Church members which I’m guessing most of us had no idea of. Perhaps someone who remembers or knows the real details can chime in. The majority of time I was in that church I never saw an accounting of where our money went, but I did hear plenty of preaching persuasively requesting it.

I know I’ve said this twice on here before, but it is important to know that McCotter used fake callers. I know because I knew one personally. He was asked by McCotter to call in and be someone other than himself. This person used a foreign accent to disguise his voice to appear as a brand new caller; I think because he had called into the show before, of course with a different “voice.” And he wasn’t the only one as I recall.

What good is a talk show if the people who call aren’t real?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 09:52:21 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2022, 08:48:59 pm »

Could it be that 3Mandates was financed by Greenwood Fellowship in Englewood, Colorado? Could McCotter have used the members money to start it up and then it failed?

Not sure. According to the CO Secretary of State website, 3Mandates legally existed before Greenwood Fellowship (2013 vs 2015). 3Mandates Media, as a separate legal entity, appears not to have existed at all, at least not in Florida or Colorado. I can't find anything about it other than the ZoomInfo page.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2022, 09:07:23 am »

Correction to what I wrote above: although Greenwood Fellowship wasn't registered as a trade name until 2015, it already existed as a "church" by 2012. So theoretically, yes, it's possible that 3Mandates was financed by members of Greenwood Fellowship.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2022, 10:01:06 am »

I spent a little more time looking into the various business ventures which McCotter and his friend, Roland Ripamonti, have started (often, but not always, jointly) throughout the years. My information mostly comes from the state databases of registered corporations in Florida and Colorado.

It didn't take long to get completely bogged down. Eventually I gave up counting all the profits and nonprofits, current and past, failed or fizzled out or still active. Let's just say that these two men, and apparently some of their relatives, haven't been sitting idle over the years. As far as I can tell, most of their endeavors haven't lasted for more than a couple of years, especially their multiple attempts at building a media presence. It appears that media has always been McCotter's first love, from Today's Student in the 70's, to the Sun Newspaper Group and Sun Radio in Florida in the 80's, the disastrously failed Citizen newspaper in New Zealand in the early 2000's, to whatever's going on now with the upcoming "new platform" he announced on Facebook last month.

I do have some questions regarding two current nonprofits, 3Mandates and 3 Missions. Both are still actively registered, but neither appears to have any current web presence other than the site that sells Jim's books. (An old 3Mandates website can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine.) There are no news stories about them, and no third party references anywhere that I can find. I don't understand this. How does a charity raise funds or reach the target demographic it aims to help, when it has no website, holds no public events, and issues no press releases? I suppose this is possible, but it seems very odd, especially for someone like McCotter who would seemingly understand the importance of publicity.  Is it possible that the only "charitable" work they're supporting is the production of videos for Jim McCotter LIVE? If that's the case, all this legal machinery seems like a lot of effort to go to, for a few low-production-quality videos with practically no viewers on either Facebook or YouTube.

If McCotter truly believes he can make a comeback to his former glory days, he must surely be deluding himself. Audiences who want to have their ears tickled, who are looking for something other than solid Bible teaching, have a surfeit of choices online. There's no shortage of preachers who are younger, hipper, more charismatic, and much more appealing than McCotter.  He may always be a wolf, but he has no chance of ever again being an alpha wolf.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 11:04:39 am by Huldah » Logged
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2022, 08:36:18 pm »

If I was Jim and I'm not and if I wanted to become "big" (whatever that means), I would be very thankful for  your publicity.... Like they say in Hollywood.... "There is no such thing as bad publicity!!!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: