Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:59:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leadership: Elders and Apostles  (Read 41833 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 10:27:46 pm »

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if GCx assigned some to distract, deflect, and deny on here.  Maybe they are actually concerned about the impact the truth getting out on here is having.  They do seem to spend a considerable percentage of funds on damage control.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:30:08 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 10:39:07 pm »

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if GCx assigned some to distract, deflect, and deny on here.  Maybe they are actually concerned about the impact the truth getting out on here is having.  They do seem to spend a considerable percentage of funds on damage control.

In case you wonder, I've not been instructed by anyone in GCx to post on this forum. I'm definitely not getting paid for it. If I can, let me know. Maybe I can pick up some money. (Just kidding)
Ghost

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 12:20:06 am »

Putt Putt...aka Tom Butz...get lost ...the tree has already fallen..go find another host..you can be a parasite to...you have watched to many episodes of LOST tv show....where ghost have dreams and that becomes their reality...sad to say...
Linda

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 07:38:16 am »

Janet,

I’m pretty sure GCx wouldn’t pay anyone to post here. Why pay people to do something when years of indoctrination inspire them to do that something for free.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Linda

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 07:57:21 am »

Not to be missed.

This thread started with Adam trying to verify some pretty blatant heresy found in the Elders and Apostles book in which McCotter and Clark said unity was the cardinal doctrine.

My husband sent Adam a screen shot of the book as proof.

Dennis Clark co-wrote that book.

GCC published that book.

To my knowledge, neither Dennis Clark, nor GCC have ever corrected that teaching.

Until recent years, Dennis Clark sat on the board of GCC. He is listed as a board member (emeritus) so obviously they have not distanced themselves from him or his teaching.

http://gccweb.org/about/gcc-board/

My question for you, Pietwowo, do you believe unity is more important than truth?

Lost Creature
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:06 am »

But again, folks, its over 30 years ago... GCx is no longer associated with Jim McCotter, outside of their history. But if you were to go to a GCx church and were to do a survey, I would be surprised if more then 1 out 5 would even know who he is. He is more famous on this forum, than in those churches.
[/quote]

But isn't that a problem?
I was born and raised in the movement and now, even as an adult, I had no idea about who Jim McCotter was (and how wide his influence spread) until the last week or so.

Yes, we shouldn't always dwell on what went wrong...but if don't learn from our own history, we are surely doomed to repeat it...
And it feels like we are at risk of repeating it if we don't even know there is a danger to begin with....

I care about these people and I have no desire to see us go down that road again...but how will they know not to go down that road if they never knew that road was even travelled?
Ghost

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:14 pm »

Janet Easson Martin
(It wouldn’t surprise me at all if GCx assigned some to distract, deflect, and deny on here.  Maybe they are actually concerned about the impact the truth getting out on here is having.  They do seem to spend a considerable percentage of funds on damage control.)

Yep..you mention this and Putt Putt   aka Tom Butz...spoke right up...call it little demon mentality.....oh no...not me..
Isthisreal?
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2018, 10:35:11 pm »

I am Barry confused...I thought the rule was not to name names? Why can some people do this but not others?
Ghost

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2018, 11:27:59 pm »

hey Israel..it should be the opposite everyone should use their real name..that way they can be held accountable..not everyone can be a Ghost.....
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:29:33 pm by Ghost » Logged
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2018, 01:12:23 pm »

I am Barry confused...I thought the rule was not to name names? Why can some people do this but not others?

I agree with isthisreal here. Ghost, you are repeatedly crossing lines and using derogatory, inflammatory language. Please stop it already.

I for one am a little bothered that no one else is calling this guy out.
ReaperofGCM
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »

I agree with isthisreal here. Ghost, you are repeatedly crossing lines and using derogatory, inflammatory language. Please stop it already.

I for one am a little bothered that no one else is calling this guy out.

I'll stand with you on this @araignee19 While I believe @Ghost has probably experienced some pretty crappy times at GCx, he is constantly repeating the same rhetoric
and it actually makes us look bad. @Ghost , you are constantly commenting and then responding to yourself, it actually makes you look a little insane. You definitely
ramble quite a bit, just channel that hatred into more educated responses to the current GCx readers on this board. And I know what you're thinking, and NO I am
not a current member of GCx and I am not Jeromy , Tom , Dick or Hairy.
Ghost

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »

my time is done here...the tree has fallen...god bless all
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2020, 03:42:47 pm »

If you want to know Jim's view of NT leadership, why not just watch his daily live show...here's one from this week where he discusses leadership.  Jim is a wonderful brother who continues to labor for the gospel!
https://www.facebook.com/gcfog/videos/847063566052796/
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2021, 03:01:07 pm »

Hi!  For anyone who would like to actually HEAR Jim McCotter address all these accusations, Jim is willing to take LIVE questions on his weekday podcasts every Friday.  It's time to actually "put your money where your mouth is".  Tomorrow and every Friday at 4pm, you can log onto the podcast on facebook or on his youtube channel...

He's ready and willing to finally address any and all accusations and questions!  You ready to ask?  You can just comment your question, or actually come on live with Jim!  Either way, it's time for the whole truth to come out!

If this podcast doesn't fit into your schedule, you can text questions to 404-405-6358, and Jim will answer them during the show on Fridays!

Facebook @jimmccotterlive
youtube search for Jim McCotter Live channel or follow these links

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-a-MOV_qjSKEpLcx9pR3g

https://www.facebook.com/JimMcCotterLIVE
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2021, 03:16:15 pm »

Hi!  For anyone who would like to actually HEAR Jim McCotter address all these accusations, Jim is willing to take LIVE questions on his weekday podcasts every Friday.  It's time to actually "put your money where your mouth is".  Tomorrow and every Friday at 4pm, you can log onto the podcast on facebook or on his youtube channel...

He's ready and willing to finally address any and all accusations and questions!  You ready to ask?  You can just comment your question, or actually come on live with Jim!  Either way, it's time for the whole truth to come out!

If this podcast doesn't fit into your schedule, you can text questions to 404-405-6358, and Jim will answer them during the show on Fridays!

Facebook @jimmccotterlive
youtube search for Jim McCotter Live channel or follow these links

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-a-MOV_qjSKEpLcx9pR3g

https://www.facebook.com/JimMcCotterLIVE
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2021, 01:54:50 pm »

The above post of advertisement for McCotter does not represent or support the vast majority of former members of GCx for whom this site was created.

Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don’t be impressed with charisma; look for character. Who preachers are is the main thing, not what they say. A genuine leader will never exploit your emotions or your pocketbook. These diseased trees with their bad apples are going to be chopped down and burned.

“Knowing the correct password—saying ‘Master, Master,’ for instance—isn’t going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience—doing what my Father wills. I can see it now—at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, ‘Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.’ And do you know what I am going to say? ‘You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important. You don’t impress me one bit. You’re out of here.’ 

Matthew 7:15-23     The Message (MSG)

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2021, 01:51:45 pm »

You just won't let go of that bitterness and hate.  Face it:  You are in the absolute MINORITY, when it comes to your accusations.  If you won't accuse Jim directly, you are lying and have no credibility.  You should stop this sinful bitter behavior and bring everything out into the light!
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2021, 03:33:22 pm »

Going about our Father’s business may not always be understood, but there is one who is sure to accuse us when we are on the right path.  Satan is the Accuser of the Brethren.  Don’t be an agent for him.

Linda

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2021, 03:34:16 pm »

Jim is welcome to come to this forum any time he chooses and have a back and forth discussion with any who choose to participate.

Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2021, 01:28:23 pm »

This forum is antiquated and no one is listening.  You need to consider the technology that is now available and engage with it.  People want to see you in the same "room" to have a conversation, a LIVE conversation.  What are you afraid of?  By the way, who is accusing you people?  Me?  Only on this site, which no one even sees!  You continue to attack your brother Jim McCotter, and have not ceased for decades!  Jim doesn't even know who you people are  Why not just "oppose" him to his face?  What harm could it do? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: