Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:14:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logical fallacies  (Read 46669 times)
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2018, 08:27:12 am »

Just wanted to say that since the introduction of this thread, I've been analyzing the use of logic and how to have a good discussion.  It's been helpful and I want to continue to learn more!
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2018, 09:56:02 am »

Just wanted to say that since the introduction of this thread, I've been analyzing the use of logic and how to have a good discussion.  It's been helpful and I want to continue to learn more!

Thank you! I want to learn more on this subject too.
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2018, 07:47:00 am »

I certainly don’t claim to be an expert on this topic, but I think the world would be a better place if people all learned at least the basics of logic as logical reasoning. It is a great tool to help find truth and sort through good and bad information, which is more important in our current day than it ever has been.

And just because it was so awesome, I need to repost the great video from Linda  Smiley
https://youtu.be/--szrOHtR6U
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2018, 10:43:18 am »

That video always makes me laugh.

I was at the zoo once and the docent asked me if I knew the difference between a monkey and an ape.

I sang the song.

My family disowned me. The docent was impressed.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: