Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:36:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A note to Gary Miller, John Van Dyck, Natalie Hoffman, and the rest you  (Read 87652 times)
LisaFeist
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2018, 05:50:32 pm »

Heidi, I so appreciate all of these questions, but they cannot be answered in a civil manner .
DarthVader
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2018, 08:17:47 pm »

... hiding behind screen names...

Really?  Does your driver's license say "Isthisreal" and are you familiar with the term "Irony"?
LisaFeist
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 11:42:10 pm »

Haha! Now I AM “COMPLAINING” about pen names?😂 cool. (Note my capital letters, I thought that may help my point a little )
VicVinegar
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 12:41:21 am »

The real irony is that when Jeromy first came to the forum he used the “RicktRoll” screen name.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 06:07:33 am »

I think RicktRoll might have been GTA.

Just a guess.
VicVinegar

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2018, 06:47:38 am »

If you look at those posts they read just like Jeromy pretending to be a very interested neutral party. The phony neutral part he couldn’t keep up. A sampling:

“If you would even for one second spend time on the resources I sent you before you would understand EMDR a little more. There is evidence. I've given it to you, you just keep avoiding.”

“WHY ARENT THEY EVEN FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK?!?!!? Can someone tell me that?!?!”

“Also, your inadequacies of understanding basic biblical concepts, and how all of you have chosen to go about this (from a Christian point of view), CLEARLY shows your true intentions in all of this and easily discredits all of you from any qualification to defending Scout at all!”

Then in a private message to Scout:

“I don't see you saying anything in your posts that show there was abuse.  You claim he was with you alone and that he hugged you with a boner.  What happened in those times?

Any why hasn't your husband stood up for you yet?  It would help your cause so much if he was standing by your side showing his support for you!  Everyone is asking about him and I wan't to make sure you look strong!"

Also I don’t see GTA the former babysitter coming up with a cool handle like “RicktRoll.”
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2018, 06:49:34 am »

From Heidi: "She inteacted with your father for 2-3 years as a single.  Your Dad baptized her in the fall of 1997.  They were married in 1989 .  The spiritual and sexual misconduct continued.  Your father mentored John and Suzanne , Doug and Nicki.  There was inappropriate sexual talk during their mentoring times.  I would call that inappropriate sexual misconduct that occurred.  The private alone time with your Dad was the single years.  The inappropriate sexual conversations contined after they were married?  Does that answer your questions.  I did not learn about a lot of this stuff till 2002.  It has been a long painful process for me too."
Heidi

Quote from the story: "Van Dyck said things never went further. She alleges there were about 20 such episodes over the next five years. It stopped, she said, when she married her husband, John, who also became a pastor in the same church." 

Your explanation doesn't add up.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2018, 07:24:51 am »

VicVinegar = HughHoney

Fun!
VicVinegar

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2018, 07:36:19 am »

Just a guess.

I actually know who RicktRoll is in real life. 

We know you babysat Jeromy
VicVinegar

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2018, 07:38:30 am »

VicVinegar = HughHoney

Fun!

We’re partners in real estate and we’re partners in life
Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2018, 08:15:52 am »

Just a guess.

I don't even know what this means.  Are you saying I personally babysat Jeromy??  Or are you being facetious?  If this is a  literal question, I never babysat anyone in the family.   
G_Prince

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2018, 09:00:00 am »

And as we are all sitting here being accused of not being Christians we have Gail Grant (Gretchen’s mom) who knows who will “burn in HELL”. Hello everyone, my name is Lisa Feist and no, I am not afraid to use my real name!

Hi Lisa, just a reminder. Please don't use the names of others on here without their consent. Its against forum rules.

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
LisaFeist
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018, 09:11:03 am »

Not even on here 24 hours and I’m already breaking the rules!🙈 I’m sorry! Thanks for the heads up G Prince!!
G_Prince

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2018, 09:12:11 am »

No worries. Welcome to the forum.

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2018, 09:18:02 am »

Welcome, and to clarify a bit further (if I understand correctly) pastors and national leaders are fair game if it’s GC related because by posting teachings publicly and leading publicly, they are in the public eye and this is considered “consent” to be challenged publicly.  I may be wrong, but this is how we’ve been operating.  I don’t know that it’s a perfectly followed rule.  I would say it falls under the “unfounded accusations” category.  But typically criticism here needs to be bottom up and not the other way around.

A way around this might be, “A member sent me this message.  I can let you know more through private message or you can see my post on Facebook.”  Etc.

I hope that helps and don’t feel bad.  Many of us here have forgotten here and there and have had to amend posts etc.  We do try!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:25:05 am by AgathaL'Orange » Logged

Glad to be free.
HughHoney
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:19 am »

Just a guess.

I don't even know what this means.  Are you saying I personally babysat Jeromy??  Or are you being facetious?  If this is a  literal question, I never babysat anyone in the family.   

Uh, you, you'll have to excuse my associate. It's just his passion for quality real estate that makes him so intense.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 09:34:53 am »

HughHoney, I just read Vanhoozer and thought of you.  Which is kind of weird since you are only a username to me.  Or two usernames, I'm not sure Cheesy

I found the comments on the Fox 9 story and was wondering what their forum usernames are, lol!
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 09:41:19 am »

Troll, troll, troll the site till we make them scream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream

Please read that to the tune of "row row row your boat" while thinking about certain posters and whether or not they deserve a response  Wink

(This is in regards to the trolls, not people I simply disagree with)
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 11:23:02 am »

Staying opinions as facts... I am now supposed to be appalled by Jeremy trying to defend his dad who is innocent until proven guilty though???

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal assumption used in a court of law, to protect citizens from government overreach and malicious prosecution. The legal assumption is unrelated to whether or not the accused person actually did what he was accused of.

Now as far as "sharing opinions as facts" is concerned... Jeromy claimed absolutely and without reservation that there were no other accusers besides Suzanne, until the Fox News investigation and the ECC investigation revealed that there were at least three other accusers. Jeromy said that under no circumstances did his dad ever meet with women in the basement, until someone found the tape where Mark talks about going to the basement with a woman counselee. When his assumed "facts" blew up in his face, Jeromy didn't (as far as we know) go to his parents to demand answers. He just switched tactics, apparently without ever stopping to ask himself whether his new defense strategy might be just as wrong as his previous strategy.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:24:45 am by Huldah » Logged
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2018, 11:42:33 am »

Staying opinions as facts... I am now supposed to be appalled by Jeremy trying to defend his dad who is innocent until proven guilty though???

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal assumption used in a court of law, to protect citizens from government overreach and malicious prosecution. The legal assumption is unrelated to whether or not the accused person actually did what he was accused of.

Now as far as "sharing opinions as facts" is concerned... Jeromy claimed absolutely and without reservation that there were no other accusers besides Suzanne, until the Fox News investigation and the ECC investigation revealed that there were at least three other accusers. Jeromy said that under no circumstances did his dad ever meet with women in the basement, until someone found the tape where Mark talks about going to the basement with a woman counselee. When his assumed "facts" blew up in his face, Jeromy didn't (as far as we know) go to his parents to demand answers. He just switched tactics, apparently without ever stopping to ask himself whether his new defense strategy might be just as wrong as his previous strategy.

Just a quick reminder that the best channel 9 could do in terms of bringing in other "victims" was Natalie. When asked if she considered what happened to her abuse, she said...and I quote, "no." Not very convincing.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:44:45 am by Digital Lynch Mob » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: