Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:37:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faithwalkers 2011  (Read 114374 times)
arrogantcat
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2018, 03:05:45 pm »

As for evidence of wrongdoing, that is for Ms. Harris to judge, no?

I am not going to labor under the delusion Suzanne and members of this forum will accept her findings. They have already essentially stated their intention not to do so.  

All the victims are asking is a third party investigation not an internal investigation.

Joan Harris is a third party. She is neither alleging abuse nor the recipient of said allegations. That's what a third party is. It's not just whatever Suzanne thinks it should be.

If that can’t be achieved, and apparently it can’t, then they are asking that Ms. Haris’s report to be released to the victims as well as the BOT.

Which won't happen because doing to would violate the promise of confidentiality to all participants. It's simply not how this is done.
Barb
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2018, 03:11:01 pm »

Will you accept Ms. Harris’s findings if she states that there is truth in the allegations?

And, as I already said, Ms. Harris has indicated to me that she can write a report that maintains confidentiality, yet states her findings in a way that would be acceptable for public release. Evergreen has refused this offer from her, according to her.
arrogantcat
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2018, 03:19:12 pm »

Will you accept Ms. Harris’s findings if she states that there is truth in the allegations?

Yes.

And, as I already said, Ms. Harris has indicated to me that she can write a report that maintains confidentiality, yet states her findings in a way that would be acceptable for public release.

Which is not the same as:
to disclose fully the findings of Ms. Harris.

And would leave them open to the charge they got to pick and choose what was included in the report anyway.
Barb
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2018, 03:42:47 pm »

I am not suggesting that the BOT release the report. I am suggesting that Ms. Harris be allowed to release a report of her findings in a way that is acceptable for public viewing.  That way, the only one "picking and choosing" what goes in the report is Ms. Harris.
arrogantcat
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2018, 04:01:02 pm »

Except she has already been dismissed on the basis of her having been hired by Evergreen.
Barb
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »

I don’t think you’re understanding. I don’t believe the victims mistrust Ms. Harris. They mistrust the BOT who will receive her report and disseminate the information as they see fit.
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2018, 04:32:46 pm »

Quote from: DLM
"I totally understand why people don't speak or why they wait till they are stronger emotionally or their children are older."

Fine, but Suzanne did speak 18 years ago. 18 years later, she utterly and completely changed their story.

First of all, Suzanne has not changed her story. ECC changed their story. Their first reply via Twitter said she had been fully heard in the matter of sexual abuse. They later said they were hasty and meant "spiritual abuse" (which is not a good thing, either).

As far as my understanding of why people don't speak out, I was commenting on why others might wait years to speak up. Or, might never speak up. Sexual abuse is a horrible thing. People coming forward with their stories need a safe place to speak. They don't need to be called liars, crazy, or criminals. They need to be fully heard, not intimidated.

I moved the discussion of independent investigator to the Moribund Equine thread.

How do you know the victims are willing to do that. Have you spoken to them? Suzanne now won't even participate. It seems to stretch credulity to say she (and others) are willing to release the results of an investigation she won't participate in.
I know that because Suzanne has stated that repeatedly.

BTW, it's not a big deal, but I was reading through a thread here today and came across one where you basically accused me of being Suzanne's mouthpiece. I didn't respond, but your comment was inaccurate. Suzanne tags me and others in many posts. I rarely post them on my Timeline. I am happy she tags me because then I don't miss her posts, but you should be careful about making blanket statements without facts about who is speaking for Suzanne.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2018, 05:38:54 pm »

Barb, not that it means anything since I'm not on the board, but I agree with you on this:

"I am not suggesting that the BOT release the report. I am suggesting that Ms. Harris be allowed to release a report of her findings in a way that is acceptable for public viewing.  That way, the only one "picking and choosing" what goes in the report is Ms. Harris."

Linda,
Unless you dismiss Jeromy's letter out of hand, you know that according to all present, Suzanne and John did NOT make any accusations in the realm of sexual abuse 18 years ago. One of those people who confirmed this fact was her counselor. So your continual denial of this fact means you either don't like the facts or you don't care to acknowledge them. And yes, you continually speak for her. Go back and read some threads if you doubt it. You could be her public relations person.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:43:27 am by Digital Lynch Mob » Logged
Linda

« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2018, 06:11:15 pm »

I hope that the therapist gets into big trouble and loses his license if he violated the law by giving out information about a client.

arrogantcat
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2018, 07:19:13 pm »

I don’t believe the victims mistrust Ms. Harris.

Of course. They just think she will produce a report favorable to Evergreen and comprise her integrity on behalf of a paycheck. Otherwise, no mistrust at all.
Barb
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2018, 08:05:26 pm »

If you read what has been written, you will see that the mistrust is primarily with the Board and not Ms. Harris. If Ms. Harris releases her findings to the victims as well as the Board, which she can do with Evergreens consent, I think you will find many more people with trust the results.
Roger Dodger
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2018, 08:56:45 pm »

With Suzanne making the decision that she felt was best for her with not being interviewed, I expect she has lost faith in what will come from this investigation or is going with a plan B or C attack at this point.  We are 3.5 months into all of this and Pastor Mark Darling is still sitting quietly on the sidelines- I can give him some props for that.  Plenty of opportunities for Monday Morning Quarterbacking for whatever team you are pulling for.  Again, all parties involved are in a no win situation.  Everyone, get ready for your hearts to be broken in one way or other as this plays out- praying this up to the LORD to guide and ultimately that the truth will be the light in this very dark situation.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2018, 06:53:38 am »

I hope that the therapist gets into big trouble and loses his license if he violated the law by giving out information about a client.

It sounds like the truth make you angry.
Linda

« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2018, 07:04:15 am »

It sounds like the truth make you angry.

I was being sarcastic.

I don't believe that is the truth because I don't believe a professional would comment on a client knowing it was illegal. Suzanne was the client, not Mark or ECC and for sure not Jeromy.

arrogantcat
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2018, 07:12:14 am »

Communicating your impression of a mediation session to participants of that session is not a violation of therapist-patient privilege.

Linda

« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2018, 07:43:41 am »

I hadn't realized that Jeromy participated in the session because he said "we":

"We’ve also talked to the therapist that was at the "meeting" 17 years ago. He’s not workingmuch anymore these days, but he does have a crystal clear recollection of the the mediationon that fateful day: none of Suzanne’s current allegations were brought up there either, and he was adamant when asked about that. One thing that stood out to him is quite interesting:he said that my dad responded more humbly and kindly than any other pastor he’d evercounseled - never even trying to defend himself against John and Suzanne’s hurts and offenses. He made an effort to note he’d never seen a pastor NOT try and defend himself."

To people on the outside looking in, this is a strange statement. It actually took credibility away from Jeromy's "defense". I very much doubt that a therapist would have a "crystal clear recollection" of a meeting from 17 years ago without looking at notes. He was being paid by Suzanne. He had no business speaking to anyone other than his client and as such should be reported to the ethics board if he did.

Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2018, 07:57:39 am »

This fact really is a narrative killer isn't it? I understand why it angers you so.
Linda

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2018, 08:06:39 am »

Not at all angry. It hasn’t been established as a “fact”. I understand the panic that you all must feel from worrying that the allegations might be true.

arrogantcat
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2018, 08:54:51 am »

He seems rather clearly to be talking about his family, as opposed to suggesting the therapists talked to him personally. I grant the premise that internal inconsistencies do much to cast doubt on broader narratives.

I very much doubt that a therapist would have a "crystal clear recollection" of a meeting from 17 years ago without looking at notes.

Who said he wasn't looking at his notes?
Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2018, 08:57:05 am »

He seems rather clearly to be talking about his family, as opposed to suggesting the therapists talked to him personally. I grant the premise that internal inconsistencies do much to cast doubt on broader narratives.

I very much doubt that a therapist would have a "crystal clear recollection" of a meeting from 17 years ago without looking at notes.

Who said he wasn't looking at his notes?

Didn't you know that context does not matter so much here.  Angry 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: