Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 22, 2019, 03:04:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pastor Mark Darling-Pastor who abused me  (Read 142421 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:54 pm »

And, I so agree, Linda, with your post above Rebel's.

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Rebel in a Good Way

« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2018, 08:04:36 pm »

Greentruth, I'm sorry that I really don't understand what you're talking about. 

I don't actually really like to twist words.  I really like to understand people.  I apparently do not understand what you're talking about.  I'm sorry that I didn't ask for clarification before responding.  Since you quoted this conversation, I thought you were speaking to those people and their point.  Because you frequently respond to people, like you just did to me, I assumed that you were insinuating that Linda and Badger are part of "the current attack on all churches" and part of "manipulating and distorting."  If that's what you meant, I don't understand why asking for true accountability would attack the body of Christ at all, hence my response.  If you want to explain again I am willing to try to understand.  I did assume you were criticizing them or telling them they're wrong and I apologize if you were not.

Quote from: Badger
I don't think we have to worry about "defaming" God by uncovering corruption in our churches. 

I took this as a generic comment about exposing sin among churches.

[/quite

Generic? Sin? Corruption?  All confusing words when used to manipulate and distort what some feel empowered by abusing. God will not be mocked.  My heart breaks at such calloused talk, given the current attack on all churches.
don't understand what you write.
Greentruth

« Reply #382 on: April 30, 2018, 06:09:38 am »

Thank you isthisreal, your words do define what I thought I had shared. I think we all want the truths to come to light, but the agenda that seems to being pushed here helps no one, and actually does hurt everyone involved, including Suzanne and John.
XianJaneway
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2018, 08:51:38 pm »

I'm bumping this because I just heard the news: Darling is out, & Scout has been vindicated. <3
http://www.fox9.com/news/mega-church-pastor-resigns-after-investigation-into-inappropriate-conduct-

I praise God for justice, and I pray that everyone he manipulated can find healing.
GodisFaithful

« Reply #384 on: July 04, 2018, 08:27:36 am »

Pretty interesting to read back through this, now that the investigation is done. I haven't gotten through all 20 pages yet, but when you think about all of the anger and vitriol and mockery that Scout went through in the last 6 months, it's pretty incredible. She did have a ton of courage to bring this forward again, and she did not turn on her attackers. It took so much courage for each one of the abused who came forward, but Scout took the brunt of it.

Thank you, Scout, for your courage and perseverance.

Turns out that Mark Darling did not have the maturity and character to be a pastor. I feel sad for his family and for him and hope they all find the help they need. I hope that Evergreen Church has the courage and humility to make the changes that are needed.

And I pray for Scout and the other victims that they will be able to find rest, hope, strength, and comfort in the Good Shepherd who cares deeply for each one of them, who can heal in ways they might not even know they need, who vindicates, who deserves all our praise and worship. Jesus faithfully answered prayers for the truth to come out and for comfort and strength for those who were mistreated.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: