Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:28:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reckoning  (Read 205185 times)
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:47 am »

Well, I told myself I would never get on this site, but circumstances beyond my control have now forced my hand. Before you read what I have to say, please do me one small favor and turn this music on in the background:

https://soundcloud.com/jeromydarling/the-earth-groans

…music helps activate the brain and it’s really important to me that you all read and absorb what I have to say.

My father has been falsely accused of sexual misconduct, stemming from events that occurred over 17 years ago. Now dragged into the global #metoo argument, it’s my job as a son to defend my father & mother from the online abuse they've been silently absorbing, present the overwhelming evidence of my father's innocence and stand up for real victims everywhere so their stories are not drowned out by lies. These words are mine and mine alone.

Welcome to the reckoning...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcue3qxv4bc2upk/The%20Reckoning.pdf?dl=0
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:44:26 am »

FYI Suzanne continues to mark this letter and my comments as SPAM on Facebook. It's not going to work...
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:55:43 am »

"I want you to feel ashamed."

Not at all.  But that statement says a lot.  I want you to feel peace and love, brother.

Thanks for sharing.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:03:14 am »

"I want you to feel ashamed."

Not at all.  But that statement says a lot.  I want you to feel peace and love, brother.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Corinthians 6:5
"I am trying to make you ashamed"
Linda

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:15:33 am »

Jeromy,

When I saw the comment on Facebook about Suzanne marking your comments as spam, I called her. I was going to let her know she can change her settings to Timeline review and that she didn’t have to keep marking them as spam.

Her response was, “What are you talking about?” She was unaware of your post.

It is possible that others have marked it as spam, or perhaps Facebook doesn’t allow so many photos and automatically marks them.

My point: It wasnt Suzanne.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 11:22:19 am »

Thanks for plugging your music, Jeremy. I've heard your father plugging your ministry and music as well.  I find it interesting that GCM churches, like Cedarcreek in Eau Claire, WI are supporting your Salvage Project.  I was wondering if you could tell me how you guard against nepotism.  It looks like you are the only paid member of the Salvage Project, the rest being volunteers.  How much are you receiving from this ministry?

Please don't think that I'm picking on you because you posted.  I noticed this quite a while ago and figured since you were on here perhaps you could answer these questions for me.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:23:28 am »

I left the same comment on Jessi's page and it was marked as spam within 5 seconds. ONLY the owner of the account can mark items as spam (and I instantly see a message saying ONLY you and Suzanne can see the post) - meaning it appears that Jessi is manning Suzanne's page...
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 11:26:06 am »

Thanks for plugging your music, Jeremy. I've heard your father plugging your ministry and music as well.  I find it interesting that GCM churches, like Cedarcreek in Eau Claire, WI are supporting your Salvage Project.  I was wondering if you could tell me how you guard against nepotism.  It looks like you are the only paid member of the Salvage Project, the rest being volunteers.  How much are you receiving from this ministry?

Please don't think that I'm picking on you because you posted.  I noticed this quite a while ago and figured since you were on here perhaps you could answer these questions for me.

First of all you spelled my name wrong. Second I'm a registered 501(c)3, meaning you can find my PUBLIC salary on the IRS website. I have a board of directors that includes 2 pastors, who set my salary and determine ALL financial moves. I raised the salary myself like every missionary does. Did you read the letter? Do you have any comments on that? My word..
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 11:27:05 am »

It's interesting that you say only the account owner can mark something as spam, cause I literally just went and tested that and I can report any comment I want as spam(I didn't actually complete the action, but I can click on a comment, click report and then get the option to say it's spam)..
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 11:28:35 am »

I’d like to read it, but do you have a different format for those who don’t use Dropbox?

Glad to be free.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 11:29:44 am »

But owners of pages can instantly mark them as spam or remove them - that's why I get a message saying "Only you and Suzanne can see this comment"
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 11:30:58 am »

I’d like to read it, but do you have a different format for those who don’t use Dropbox?

That dropbox link is public with a big "download" button on the top right.
Linda

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 11:48:17 am »

The only thing I can think of, Jeromy, is that the format (several screen shots/pdfs whatever you chose in a row coming from the same person) kicked in an automatic Facebook spam filter. I can assure you that Suzanne was completely unaware of your posts.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 11:50:37 am »

Well, I told myself I would never get on this site, but circumstances beyond my control have now forced my hand.
First, let's establish some honesty here. Nothing forced you to come here. It was a choice you made, the same as the rest of us. We are all here voluntarily.

That said, welcome to the forum.

I skimmed through your PDF. You started out defending your dad and then moved quickly to the same name-calling and victim-blaming/shaming/baiting that we've come to expect from the GC members who visit us here. In the places where your story contradicts Scout's, the only way to get to the truth is to have an independent 3rd party investigation, which Evergreen has already rejected (or, to be precise, redefined in their favor). I don't blame you for being loyal to your dad. It's just that having you guys pop in to tell us how much you hate us is getting old. We left our respective GC churches for a reason, and that reason wasn't just so we could be hounded online in the place we chose for healing.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 11:55:19 am »

Well, I told myself I would never get on this site, but circumstances beyond my control have now forced my hand.
First, let's establish some honesty here. Nothing forced you to come here. It was a choice you made, the same as the rest of us. We are all here voluntarily.

That said, welcome to the forum.

I skimmed through your PDF. You started out defending your dad and then moved quickly to the same name-calling and victim-blaming/shaming/baiting that we've come to expect from the GC members who visit us here. In the places where your story contradicts Scout's, the only way to get to the truth is to have an independent 3rd party investigation, which Evergreen has already rejected (or, to be precise, redefined in their favor). I don't blame you for being loyal to your dad. It's just that having you guys pop in to tell us how much you hate us is getting old. We left our respective GC churches for a reason, and that reason wasn't just so we could be hounded online in the place we chose for healing.

You've relentlessly hounded my father and my churches and this movement. You DID force me here when you embraced and spread a lie. Show me the decency of READING the entire letter, not skimming it (otherwise proving you're terrified of the truth). Then read 1 Cor chapter 3-6 and tell me if my tone is any different the Pauls.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 11:58:52 am »

Also recognize, PLEASE, my own mother's childhood sexual abuse and rape AND my wife's rape at the age of 16. I live and love REAL victims and this letter was written for them as much as my father. You spit in their faces by not reading it
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 12:01:50 pm »

when I look on FB I can see all of your comments on her post, weird
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 12:07:51 pm »

Jeromy, you sound nothing like Paul. If you want to have a civil discussion here, you need to tone down the hyperbole and get a grip on yourself. But if you're just here to bait and insult people, then you've certainly hit the ground running with that one.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 12:12:07 pm »

I read the whole thing.  I don't know your father, but I have heard him and your writing style is very similar to his speaking style.  You two seem very close.  
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 12:12:20 pm »

Jeromy, you sound nothing like Paul. If you want to have a civil discussion here, you need to tone down the hyperbole and get a grip on yourself. But if you're just here to bait and insult people, then you've certainly hit the ground running with that one.

So you're not going to read my letter or acknowledge brushing off my mother and wife's rape?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: