Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:39:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reckoning  (Read 206201 times)
iamnotafraid
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2018, 08:19:32 pm »

So this is what you have to believe if you want to support Suzanne's claims of sexual abuse.

1. Mark Darling, a man with a 35 year track record of running for God, sexually abused her 20 years ago. The story of his life and legacy militate against this in such a compelling way that you have to simply ignore all that. His family is a shining success, so ignore that. His children are wonderful well balance Christ followers, so ignore that. And his wife loves him and, by all accounts, they have a great marriage, so ignore that too. So basically ignore everything you know about his character and life.

2. Not only did he abuse her, but he is a serial abuser. Oddly, no other "victims" have come forward to make any such claims with the exception of "Victim C and Victim A" both of who are unnamed, and their stories were only communicated by Suzanne on social media. Even if you believed the stories, none of the accusations constitute sexual abuse. It sounds more like a Pastor loving his flock with kindness and support. Note none of them (not even Suzanne) accuse him of ever touching them, but I digress.

3. Then, and here's where it gets even better, three other Sr. Pastors, faithful men who have dedicated their life to serving God's people, all learned about this "abuse" and decided to cover it up. What was their motive you ask? Who knows, but Mark Bowen (sneaky man that he is) Brent Knox (so dreadful) and Doug Patterson (dastardly Doug) conspired to hatch a plan that would cover these terrible transgressions up for good. They tried to bribe Suzanne for her silence, but being the pillar of purity that she is, she refused. Oddly enough though she then did disappear from the scene for 18 years and never to bring it up agai...(oh, I almost said "again," but that's would have been wrong - she never brought it up at all in the past).

4. For reasons unknown Suzanne did not mention sexual abuse in her letter to Mark, to her counselor, or to her closest friends in the Plymouth church at the time (I know them and they told me sexual abuse was never mentioned). But...conveniently the #metoo movement came along 18 years later and well, hey she was abused too. She wasn't too specific at first on social media about what this abuse was, but then it crystallized into a story of sexual abuse. A story mind you she never told 18 years ago. But as one of her supporters on this forum said, "often it takes many years to feel comfortable sharing their experience." So boom 18 years later she feels comfortable sharing her experience.

5. And then a beautiful and godly woman by the name of Kathy Darling was complicit in the whole thing. You see she knew about Mark's activities and approved of them. Not only did she approve of them, she participated in, and was party to, the abuse. She even - get this - made Suzanne listen to them having sex (downstairs which was not even where their bedroom was so explain that to me - but I digress again). So this Godly wife and woman of God helped in the abuse. Yep, you heard that right. Come on people. Use some discernment skills!

6. Suzanne's husband knew she had been groomed and serially sexually abused for years and did nothing to stop it.

If you believe this I feel sorry for you, and I have some prime swamp land I'd like to sell you.

Wow I checked out for the day and was greeted by this mic drop. I suppose I could have condensed my letter to this...

Wait... didn't you write this? Confused now.

Nope he didn't.  That epic post was written by our friend who goes by the DJ name, Digital Lynch Mob. 
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2018, 08:29:36 pm »

Puff,

Please message me if you see this.

Thanks.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
G_Prince

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2018, 08:32:22 pm »

So this is what you have to believe if you want to support Suzanne's claims of sexual abuse.

1. Mark Darling, a man with a 35 year track record of running for God, sexually abused her 20 years ago. The story of his life and legacy militate against this in such a compelling way that you have to simply ignore all that. His family is a shining success, so ignore that. His children are wonderful well balance Christ followers, so ignore that. And his wife loves him and, by all accounts, they have a great marriage, so ignore that too. So basically ignore everything you know about his character and life.

2. Not only did he abuse her, but he is a serial abuser. Oddly, no other "victims" have come forward to make any such claims with the exception of "Victim C and Victim A" both of who are unnamed, and their stories were only communicated by Suzanne on social media. Even if you believed the stories, none of the accusations constitute sexual abuse. It sounds more like a Pastor loving his flock with kindness and support. Note none of them (not even Suzanne) accuse him of ever touching them, but I digress.

3. Then, and here's where it gets even better, three other Sr. Pastors, faithful men who have dedicated their life to serving God's people, all learned about this "abuse" and decided to cover it up. What was their motive you ask? Who knows, but Mark Bowen (sneaky man that he is) Brent Knox (so dreadful) and Doug Patterson (dastardly Doug) conspired to hatch a plan that would cover these terrible transgressions up for good. They tried to bribe Suzanne for her silence, but being the pillar of purity that she is, she refused. Oddly enough though she then did disappear from the scene for 18 years and never to bring it up agai...(oh, I almost said "again," but that's would have been wrong - she never brought it up at all in the past).

4. For reasons unknown Suzanne did not mention sexual abuse in her letter to Mark, to her counselor, or to her closest friends in the Plymouth church at the time (I know them and they told me sexual abuse was never mentioned). But...conveniently the #metoo movement came along 18 years later and well, hey she was abused too. She wasn't too specific at first on social media about what this abuse was, but then it crystallized into a story of sexual abuse. A story mind you she never told 18 years ago. But as one of her supporters on this forum said, "often it takes many years to feel comfortable sharing their experience." So boom 18 years later she feels comfortable sharing her experience.

5. And then a beautiful and godly woman by the name of Kathy Darling was complicit in the whole thing. You see she knew about Mark's activities and approved of them. Not only did she approve of them, she participated in, and was party to, the abuse. She even - get this - made Suzanne listen to them having sex (downstairs which was not even where their bedroom was so explain that to me - but I digress again). So this Godly wife and woman of God helped in the abuse. Yep, you heard that right. Come on people. Use some discernment skills!

6. Suzanne's husband knew she had been groomed and serially sexually abused for years and did nothing to stop it.

If you believe this I feel sorry for you, and I have some prime swamp land I'd like to sell you.

Wow I checked out for the day and was greeted by this mic drop. I suppose I could have condensed my letter to this...

Nope he didn't.  That epic post was written by our friend who goes by the DJ name, Digital Lynch Mob.  

I see. A friend created yesterday who gives all the same talking points and has a link to "the reckoning" in their profile. You must be his friend too. Y'all sure talk alike.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:44:20 pm by G_Prince » Logged

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
iamnotafraid
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2018, 06:28:24 am »

Nope he didn't.  That epic post was written by our friend who goes by the DJ name, Digital Lynch Mob.  

I see. A friend created yesterday who gives all the same talking points and has a link to "the reckoning" in their profile. You must be his friend too. Y'all sure talk alike.

Jeromy shared the Reckoning link in his FB post for anyone to have. You must not be on FB. You are wrong. 3 different people with voices who will no longer put up with this pathetic slander.
Linda

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2018, 08:32:17 am »

Has Jeromy been blocked from this forum?

For the record, I support Jeromy’s right to post here.

G_Prince

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2018, 09:20:45 am »

[/quote]

Jeromy shared the Reckoning link in his FB post for anyone to have. You must not be on FB. You are wrong. 3 different people with voices who will no longer put up with this pathetic slander.
[/quote]

So y'all are just a pack of Jeromy's friends seeking internet revenge for your bro and his dad? This is getting super weird.

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
iamnotafraid
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2018, 09:42:51 am »

[/quote]

So y'all are just a pack of Jeromy's friends seeking internet revenge for your bro and his dad? This is getting super weird.

[/quote]

Jeromy's friends?  yes  Christians who take offense to slander? yes Christians who read the word and take it to heart - YES!  Can some of you prove by the way you live you are doing the same...what would we see if we had a window into your personal walk with Jesus.  Tenderness?  Love?  Kindness?  Grace?  Forgiveness? Devotion to prayer...Honesty?  Upright living...
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2018, 10:21:41 am »

I wrote the 6 items that need complete suspension of rational thought if you are to believe Suzanne. I am not a Darling although I know them and respect them. I noticed that no one here seemed to address any falsehoods in what I wrote, rather just tried to demean Jeromy, myself and others. If you have a gripe address the issues presented. Tell me (us) where we are wrong.

I sat by for the better part of 6 weeks and watched Suzanne slander and attack a good man. Now that there are more known facts it only seems right that she answer some questions. She won't and, in fact, blocked everyone from commenting on her FB page who isn't one of her groupies or the digital lynch mob as some might call them. Enough is enough.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2018, 11:06:46 am »

The GCx churches block and delete people's sincere posts on Facebook and their websites. They teach people in the name of God it is evil to read criticism about them on the internet.  How deceptive and controlling!  What healthy churches ask people not to check their organization out on the internet?  How many healthy churches have websites set up to reach out to thousands who have been abused by teaching and mind controlling practices?  I'd like to hear of even one healthy church who leaves such carnage. How many healthy churches have tens of thousands of readers questioning the truth about their teaching and practices?  

What people in GCx have been repeatedly taught is to NEVER accept a criticism of GCx leaders - that it is evil.  
That is NOT what scripture teaches.  Scripture teaches not to accept a criticism UNLESS it is supported by two or three witnesses.  The word of God puts a LOT of weight and validity on the many abuses testified to here by many multiple witnesses. This is a valid site that contains just such unless everyone is making this stuff up.  There is no reasonable motivation for us to do that.  We are receiving no financial compensation.  We are not jealous to steal anyone's position.  We have plenty of other activities to use our time for.  We aren't a gang to pounce on anyone.  Most of us have never even met in person.  It is calling from God to voice what was evilly required to be silenced, to heal what was gravely hurt, to warn those who are mentally trapped inside, and for some of us to get rid of the whole bitter batch. For me, it is definitely to expose the continuing and deep rooted church abuse and to aid in GCx's expiration.

The scripture also teaches to take these abuses witnessed by more than one person and confront the abuser personally. If he denies it, then take another person with you and present your case so that they will repent or step down (whichever is necessary).  Then, if they still deny it or are unrepentant, TAKE IT TO THE WHOLE CHURCH!  The GCx churches consistently go against the Word of God by continually halting this scriptural process in throwing out the multiple witnesses' real claims in private to the leaders, and deeming the victim "rebellious" and his claim invalid.  When they take other witnesses with them to implore the leadership to hear them, they are brushed off, verbally scourged, and also labeled "divisive".  They flip the whole process and report to the whole church that the witnesses are "factious" and should not be listened to or even acknowledged.  Now, how would the witnesses ever get to present their case to the whole church?  How would they be received if they tried?  The entire scriptural safety of reporting abuse to the leaders and to the church is deceptively evaded.  

The repeated claims of abuse that are made on here SHOULD have been sincerely listened to by the GCx leaders and dealt with biblically and thus, ceased to occur.  We have ABSOLUTE SCRIPTURAL AUTHORITY TO BRING THESE CLAIMS before the church.  This site has been the only avenue to voice such claims where others can actually hear THE OTHER SIDE, since they have been shut up and shunned down.  

If you don't like or agree with our claims, that's you're right, but that doesn't make them untrue.  Claims that are sexually abusive are of a particular evil that even the world abhors. They may well necessitate legal action if the church doesn't take any.

This organization must promote and spread slander about those who write or speak anything negative about them to keep people from leaving. They teach a definite Us verses Them mentality.  They have not turned away from the practices rightly called abuse in Enroth's book, "Churches That Abuse".  How many churches have books written about their abuse? They still claim today those negative views were exaggerated.  

This is NOT the norm in healthy churches.  Most GCxers have NO idea how healthy churches operate.  They have been strongly persuaded to never leave their GCx organization.  It's not permitted to enter their thought processes.  This is deceptively packaged more recently as "commitment for life" to a GCx church.  This is NOT a biblical principle.  Commitment to Jesus is. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:39:09 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
G_Prince

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2018, 11:14:22 am »

Jeromy's friends?  yes  Christians who take offense to slander? yes Christians who read the word and take it to heart - YES!  Can some of you prove by the way you live you are doing the same...what would we see if we had a window into your personal walk with Jesus.  Tenderness?  Love?  Kindness?  Grace?  Forgiveness? Devotion to prayer...Honesty?  Upright living...

Frankly I don't care about anyone's personal life or walk with Jesus, etc. I'm talking about what you are doing in this forum, which is lashing out and intimidating someone who clearly has no interested in talking to you. Whether this is multiple people or one person with multiple profiles, this behavior is harassment. As Linda said, you are welcome to post here as long as you are willing to have a conversation like an adult, but you don't seem have any interest or ability to do that. Honestly your troll campaign is a really shitty way to support Mark and is j0ust making the situation worse.

Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2018, 11:20:39 am »

I hope you all know you've just proven to me I never want to set foot near a gc church again, you're arrogant self righteous bullies, I hope I never meet you in real life
Peace
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2018, 11:37:04 am »

Huldah,

Please read Janet Easson Martin's most recent post and tell me that is not "lumping things together."

The GCx churches block and delete people's sincere posts on Facebook and their websites.
My church does not.
They teach people in the name of God it is evil to read criticism about them on the internet.
My church does not. I have open communication with my pastors about criticisms.
How many healthy churches have websites set up to reach out to thousands who have been abused by teaching and mind controlling practices?
Google Hillsong, Village Church, etc. Many of them have similar critiques including issues of excommunication, commitment to church, pastoral authority, pride, etc...
How many healthy churches have tens of thousands of readers questioning the truth about their teaching and practices?  Tens of thousands? Where does this number even come from?
This organization must promote and spread slander about those who write or speak anything negative about them to keep people from leaving. They teach a definite Us verses Them mentality.
Again, this is NOT present at my church. At all.
They have not turned away from the practices rightly called abuse in Enroth's book, "Churches That Abuse".  How many churches have books written about their abuse? They still claim today those negative views were exaggerated.   I haven't read the book so I am not going to comment about this one.
Most GCxers have NO idea how healthy churches operate.  
Can I please read the research or poll you conducted to arrive at this conclusion? Goodness, I have been involved for many years and I would say MOST at my local church have a lot of experience outside GCx at other healthy churches.
They have been strongly persuaded to never leave their GCx organization. It's not permitted to enter their thought processes. Again, please tell me how you somehow have access to the thought processes of GCx members?

Janet, I don't know you and I am not against you. But yes, as a current GCx member, I take issue with these statements because they are NOT TRUE at my local church which happens to be associated with GCx.  Can anyone admit that there are generalizations like this being made and they are not okay/not fair? I want to have a dialogue. I want to actually listen. But yes, this is getting insane and BOTH sides are wrong in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:52:41 am by Peace » Logged
G_Prince

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2018, 11:45:26 am »

I noticed that none of you had anything to say about the facts in the post...just more attacks and trying to silence those defending Mark. I don't care where you set foot, you've already made your feelings toward GCC clear. Again, tell me why Suzanne should not be asked to answer these questions and how is anyone wrong in asking them? Why didn't she bring up sexual abuse 18 years ago? Why has her story changed so completely etc. You would think that inquiring minds like yours would want to know these things before you lynch a man.

Because it's none of my business. I've never met scout and know nothing of this situation. If you are who you claim to be, this isn't your business either. I'm commenting specifically on what you and your friends are doing in this forum, which is online harassment.

iamnotafraid
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2018, 11:58:41 am »

Frankly I don't care about anyone's personal life or walk with Jesus, etc. I'm talking about what you are doing in this forum, which is lashing out and intimidating someone who clearly has no interested in talking to you. Whether this is multiple people or one person with multiple profiles, this behavior is harassment. As Linda said, you are welcome to post here as long as you are willing to have a conversation like an adult, but you don't seem have any interest or ability to do that. Honestly your troll campaign is a really shitty way to support Mark and is j0ust making the situation worse.

I know what harassment is, I've been a victim of it most of my life.  I've never experienced it in my church. (I should note, I've experienced it from people who have attended my church, but not from my church - church meaning, my people who I serve the Lord with).   This forum was never intended to help people heal from wounds.  If it was, it would be full of encouraging biblical truths.  It would be guiding people towards Christlike living. What does that life look like: being filled with the spirit!  Out of the abundance of the heart...  Instead it's enabling people to bitch about the people who wounded them.  My husband has hurt my feelings dozens of times throughout our marriage and I'm still able to offer up forgiveness and grace and move on.  This forum was not started for people who are full of the love of Christ.  That's certainly not the theme throughout.  It's not helped anyone grow in their faith or move on.  I mentioned this forum to my mother, a lovely Christian who does not attend a GCC church but another wonderful church and she said, "why would you even visit that page, your heart does not belong there."  I need to obey my mother.  Working on that one.  
Linda

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2018, 12:01:56 pm »

Has it occurred to any of you that some of us might be aware of the existence of documentation and information that contradicts Jeromy’s narrative.

This is why we are calling for a third party independent investigation. We want all involved to be heard.  

Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »

Has it occurred to any of you that some of us might be aware of the existence of documentation and information that contradicts Jeromy’s narrative.

This is why we are calling for a third party independent investigation. We want all involved to be heard.  

You were calling for a 3rd party investigator, over and over and over again, before Jeromy spoke up. 
G_Prince

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2018, 12:22:29 pm »

I noticed that none of you had anything to say about the facts in the post...just more attacks and trying to silence those defending Mark. I don't care where you set foot, you've already made your feelings toward GCC clear. Again, tell me why Suzanne should not be asked to answer these questions and how is anyone wrong in asking them? Why didn't she bring up sexual abuse 18 years ago? Why has her story changed so completely etc. You would think that inquiring minds like yours would want to know these things before you lynch a man.

Because it's none of my business. I've never met scout and know nothing of this situation. If you are who you claim to be, this isn't your business either. I'm commenting specifically on what you and your friends are doing in this forum, which is online harassment.

If you go read any of my comments, I am not harassing this woman. And this does concern me because she chose a public platform to make allegations against people that are near and dear to my heart, people with in my church that I know intimately, and go against every grain of character of Mark.

Would you go to scout's house, pound on her door, and refused to leave until she answered your questions? This isn't all that different. Think about what you are doing. If Mark's character is really so great, he doesn't need you to be his forum warrior.

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2018, 12:47:11 pm »

To Those Who Think their GCx church does not practice unbiblical control of negative information about themselves, I challenge you to talk to those who have left; and to those who have been given a negative word about.  

I challenge you to ask your leaders if anyone has ever brought a concern before them and they actually humbly listened and repented in their behavior.  What was the concern?  How did it change?  More importantly how many concerns were brushed off or rebuked by the leader?  Ask them if they are aware of the abuses GCx taught and practiced that are listed in the book, "Churches That Abuse".  What practices have they been careful to cease from since they were systematically taught through GCx's discipleship by Jim McCotter?  If they say, "Don't know much about Jim McCotter or his overriding influence on GCx" or "that's not relevant here" then you have reason to RUN.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:49:44 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2018, 12:58:45 pm »

Discerning, thanks for sharing that excerpt.  I saw that the book was just released but hadn't ordered it yet.  Interesting that a recent evaluation still gets the organization in cult books.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2018, 01:06:33 pm »

Weird Princess, if it isn't your business why do you comment so frequently.

It is telling that you guys think calling a guy a girl is an insult.  You've often treated women as if they are practically invisible and lower rank.  

Addressing "men" directly in sermons as though they are the only ones who have agency.

Saying that fathers are the single most important person in a child's life.

Not always (ever?  not sure about all GCx churches) having deaconesses, even though it's completely biblical in the literal sense.

Saying that women should be the ones to stay home and raise a family.  

The emphasis on men being manly!  

Emphasis on submission.

And on and on.

So of course, "princess" is an insult to you.  Instead of using his name "G_Prince," you chose to call him "Weird Princess."  Beyond being juvenile, it betrays your belief that women are lower then men, so low that to be called one is an insult.  Even if a woman said this, it still betrays the culture of rampant sexism in this group.

So thank you, again, for showing your true colors.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:18:04 pm by AgathaL'Orange » Logged

Glad to be free.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: