Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 18, 2024, 11:30:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reckoning  (Read 205134 times)
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2018, 11:14:51 am »

Yes Jeromy, whatever you do you can call passion.  The words of others who disagree with you, you call it sin.  Whatever.

To be clear, Jeromy has said he doesn't need to follow the rules on this forum.  

Also, your friend wrote on your own page.  I understand you're new to FB but you can delete any comments you want.  Which, btw, Suzanne has not deleted any of your comments, she just blocked you from making new ones.  Your friend's comments about his 50 fake accounts (unhinged?  or passionate?  or hasn't read the bible very much?) and that Suzanne assaulted him is on your own page.

Also, I have said elsewhere that I am a woman so I could never be a real pastor in your eyes anyway.  The forum participation is irrelevant.

I am not sure if you would show up at people's homes but I'm not taking the chance.  Talking about battlefields and armies is an interesting choice of a metaphor.

I'm also not going to respond to you point by point because you haven't done that either.  

I'm looking in to the confidentiality thing (not using anyone's names, I am not going to drag Terry in to this) and will let you know what the *real* rules are and not what you say they are, Jeromy.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2018, 11:15:04 am »

I am not in charge of this forum.

Please show me the dignity of responding to each of the points in that last message and acknowledge the brutal reality my parents of suffering through as we speak

From Persecution and the Great Commission Christian by John Hopler - Director of Great Commission Churches:

God may want to use persecution to teach or discipline a person, leaders, or even an entire church.
When opposition arises, humble people will ask themselves, “What is God trying to teach me?” Before
we dismiss criticism too quickly as unfair or view it as a sign that we are living a godly life (2 Timothy
3:12), humble people seek God and examine themselves. There may be truth in the midst of poorly
communicated criticism, even if it comes from people with malicious hearts. David’s response to Shimei
(2 Samuel 16:5-13) is a good model to us:

“If he curses, and if the Lord has told him, ‘Curse David,’ then who shall say, ‘Why have you done
so’” (2 Samuel 16:10)?

If we are humble, we will respond to persecution in two ways.

First, like Jesus commands in Matthew

5:11-12, we will rejoice when persecuted: “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you,
and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven
is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

“…but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the
revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation” (1 Peter 4:13).

Second, when persecuted, we will love, bless and pray for our opponents:

“But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse
you, pray for those who mistreat you” (Luke 6:27-28).

“Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse” (Romans 12:14).

So where are the verses about allowing your father and mother to be flogged online by anonymous posters about disgusting sexual allegations? I haven't cursed anyone on this forum - I'm standing up for those that cannot stand up for themselves, just like the Bible commands.
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2018, 11:15:46 am »

Whoever said I wasn't a pastor?

so I take it you're not going to address all of the points that we just made then? And I know you're not a pastor because a real Pastor would not be on a website like this

"Therefore, GCC’s policy is to not participate in blogs in which people make posts critical of a GCC pastor or GCC member church." - John Hopler, March 2014

Jeromy, is it fair to say that you have your father's blessing to be on social media (this site, Twitter, Facebook) defending him?  John Hopler has made it clear that GCC's stance is not to answer online "persecution."  He wrote an article for the National Association of Evangelicals in 2014, "A Christian Perspective of Internet Criticisms."  In it, Hopler notes, "We do not think that using the internet is God’s way for resolving personal concerns."  

The article can be found here: https://www.nae.net/a-christian-perspective-of-internet-criticisms/

Although he is currently "on leave," your dad is a member of the national GCC Board.  Does he agree with GCC's stance?  If so what does he think about your public online activity?

It would really surprise me if you did not have your father's support as you noted you are your father's son in your Reckoning narrative.

If you do have his blessing to share the truth on this site, are you not your father's mouthpiece - his surrogate.  You have shared documentation that only he could share with you - ie. a letter that he had saved from John all those years ago.  Although he is silent, he is indirectly speaking through you, your siblings, and his supporters (the army as you call them).

So if a "real pastor" wouldn't be on a website like this, what are you doing here?  Is it okay for a "missionary" or Music Director at the Rock, like yourself, to be on this site?  What do the The Rock Pastors - Karl Quickert and Ryan Stahl - who are part of GCC and The Salvage Project's Board of Directors think about your online participation here?
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2018, 11:18:21 am »

so I take it you're not going to address all of the points that we just made then? And I know you're not a pastor because a real Pastor would not be on a website like this

"Therefore, GCC’s policy is to not participate in blogs in which people make posts critical of a GCC pastor or GCC member church." - John Hopler, March 2014

Jeromy, is it fair to say that you have your father's blessing to be on social media (this site, Twitter, Facebook) defending him?  John Hopler has made it clear that GCC's stance is not to answer online "persecution."  He wrote an article for the National Association of Evangelicals in 2014, "A Christian Perspective of Internet Criticisms."  In it, Hopler notes, "We do not think that using the internet is God’s way for resolving personal concerns."  

The article can be found here: https://www.nae.net/a-christian-perspective-of-internet-criticisms/

Although he is currently "on leave," your dad is a member of the national GCC Board.  Does he agree with GCC's stance?  If so what does he think about your public online activity?

It would really surprise me if you did not have your father's support as you noted you are your father's son in your Reckoning narrative.

If you do have his blessing to share the truth on this site, are you not your father's mouthpiece - his surrogate.  You have shared documentation that only he could share with you - ie. a letter that he had saved from John all those years ago.  Although he is silent, he is indirectly speaking through you, your siblings, and his supporters (the army as you call them).

So if a "real pastor" wouldn't be on a website like this, what are you doing here?  Is it okay for a "missionary" or Music Director at the Rock, like yourself, to be on this site?  What do the The Rock Pastors - Karl Quickert and Ryan Stahl - who are part of GCC and The Salvage Project's Board of Directors think about your online participation here?

I have the full backing of every single one of these people, but have acted alone without telling any of them of asking for their permission. There is no precedent for what a movement does when one of it's pastors is falsely accused of sexual misconduct and how is own son should handle it - but since you have so much knowledge on John's writings, perhaps you can correct me. I know you guys would have loved for me to stay silent, but my letter was just the beginning.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2018, 11:19:47 am »

Yes Jeromy, whatever you do you can call passion.  The words of others who disagree with you, you call it sin.  Whatever.

To be clear, Jeromy has said he doesn't need to follow the rules on this forum.  

Also, your friend wrote on your own page.  I understand you're new to FB but you can delete any comments you want.  Which, btw, Suzanne has not deleted any of your comments, she just blocked you from making new ones.  Your friend's comments about his 50 fake accounts (unhinged?  or passionate?  or hasn't read the bible very much?) and that Suzanne assaulted him is on your own page.

Also, I have said elsewhere that I am a woman so I could never be a real pastor in your eyes anyway.  The forum participation is irrelevant.

I am not sure if you would show up at people's homes but I'm not taking the chance.  Talking about battlefields and armies is an interesting choice of a metaphor.

I'm also not going to respond to you point by point because you haven't done that either.  

I'm looking in to the confidentiality thing (not using anyone's names, I am not going to drag Terry in to this) and will let you know what the *real* rules are and not what you say they are, Jeromy.

Sister I have consistently responded UNDERNEATH EACH OF YOUR POINTS, IN BOLD. You continue avoiding the topic of the misery and suffering my parents are enduring every day - and that tells me all I need to know about everyone this forum.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2018, 11:22:40 am »

You mentioned before that you are honored if we fear you (and all that you represent).  I don't understand why you fear 15 unhinged, sinful, biblically illiterate users on this forum?  On one hand you talk about how we are taking your father down and ruining his life and on the other you say we are insignificant.  So...which is it?  Are we plentiful and powerful, or few and crazy?  If we're the latter you are *certainly* spending a lot of time on here.

I am actually very sorry for what your family is going through right now.  I didn't mean to not acknowledge that.  I imagine this is very painful.  There are no winners here, not one. 

RicktRoll
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2018, 11:25:40 am »

Wasn't Jeromy's whole post about The Reckoning going point by point addressing all of the allegations that were made?

He has answered to every point brought up. With actual physical evidence.

Something Suzanne has yet to do even though she claims it. While also parading around the "victims" of so-called sexual abuse by posting tidbits of their stories.

So, Rebe In A Good Way, it would absolutely be wonderful if you could at least address and give us answers for Jeromy's and DLM's points they have brought up multiple times by now.

No more dodging. You clearly are one of the spokesmen for Suzanne.

Act like it now and quit dodging question.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2018, 11:29:55 am »

You mentioned before that you are honored if we fear you (and all that you represent).  I don't understand why you fear 15 unhinged, sinful, biblically illiterate users on this forum?  On one hand you talk about how we are taking your father down and ruining his life and on the other you say we are insignificant.  So...which is it?  Are we plentiful and powerful, or few and crazy?  If we're the latter you are *certainly* spending a lot of time on here.

I am actually very sorry for what your family is going through right now.  I didn't mean to not acknowledge that.  I imagine this is very painful.  There are no winners here, not one. 

Insignificant was your word, not mine. 15 ACTIVE members means there's really not a lot of former hurting GCC members, but there are still hundreds of people reading these allegations here and on FB - ABOUT MY PARENTS. It's wrong and I am fully engaged until everyone either understands that, or drops all this.
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2018, 11:43:42 am »

I have the full backing of every single one of these people, but have acted alone without telling any of them of asking for their permission. There is no precedent for what a movement does when one of it's pastors is falsely accused of sexual misconduct and how is own son should handle it - but since you have so much knowledge on John's writings, perhaps you can correct me. I know you guys would have loved for me to stay silent, but my letter was just the beginning.

So, just to be crystal clear, John Hopler, your dad, Karl Quikert, and Ryan Stahl all support the way that you, Jeromy, have been presenting yourself online?

I'm glad you asked Jeromy.  John Hopler begins by listing situations that he defines as persecution.  This includes, "A pastor finds out that a website has been created by an antagonist for the sole purpose of mocking
and reviling him."

I don't bring this up because I wish for you to stay silent, Jeromy.  I bring this up because you are taking the position that you are acting in a biblical manner.  The statements I have provided from your own church say otherwise.  I have seen godly individuals on your Facebook post questioning your methods of going about this.  Your own supporter said, "We all need to guard our hearts and make sure that the things we're saying and doing in this situation are God honoring."  Another noted, " we are gossiping and we are no better than the opposition here."

So, perhaps you should read Hopler's first statement I posted and truly consider whether how you are acting is godly in response to such persecution.  Or perhaps the two of you could revisit that section.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2018, 11:45:12 am »

RickTRoll I'm not a spokesman for anyone. What am I dodging?  Sorry, I can't keep track of the things written about me here because I'm too busy dealing with my "deep woundedness, my hidden sin, my unfamiliarity with the bible"  I mean, it's surprising to find out I'm the WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD so I should probably deal with that first.  

In seriousness, if I have time, I will try to go back and see which questions addressed to me I haven't answered.  There have been points that I am more compelled to respond to than others but I didn't mean to disregard anyone.  
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2018, 11:46:39 am »

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
ensure justice for those being crushed.

Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless,
and see that they get justice.
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2018, 11:49:27 am »

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
ensure justice for those being crushed.

Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless,
and see that they get justice.

And who are the "poor and helpless" DLM IF Suzanne is telling the truth?
RicktRoll
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2018, 11:50:34 am »

Look forward to hearing you have to say. Have my expectations. But interested to see how you can account for what Jeromy has said.

Much talk here about the accusations made by Scout. In light of recent information coming forward, it seems reasonable to ask these questions of the accuser.

1. Mark Darling has the letter she and John wrote him 18 years ago. Jeromy D. stated that the letter contained no reference whatsoever to sexual abuse or sexual misconduct of any kind. So Scout, did the letter reference sexual abuse?

2. We've also heard that the topic of sexual abuse never came up with her counselor. Is this true and if so, how can that be?

3. Close friends of the van Dykes at the time are on record as saying the topic of sexual abuse never came up. Is this true?

4. If these things are true, how is it that 18 years later scout's story has changed so dramatically?

5. Was John complicit in this? If he knew there was sexual abuse of his wife why did he stay in the church? Why wouldn't have have done something to protect his wife? Why didn't they bring charges against Mark?

6. In one of your somewhat graphic accusations, you say Mark invited you over so you would hear he and Kathy have sex in the basement. Since the basement wasn't where their bedroom is please explain. More importantly, are you saying Kathy was a party to this "abuse?" And do you expect us to believe that quiet Kathy has loud sex with her husband while guests are in the house?

7. Was the $60K you reference as hush money to be paid to you personally or was it a severance package for your husband who was leaving the church after a decade of being a Pastor?

Also, Jeromy's Link for you. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcue3qxv4bc2upk/The%20Reckoning.pdf?dl=0

Don't want to waste your time at all!  Grin
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2018, 11:50:59 am »

So, just to be crystal clear, John Hopler, your dad, Karl Quikert, and Ryan Stahl all support the way that you, Jeromy, have been presenting yourself online?

I'm glad you asked Jeromy.  John Hopler begins by listing situations that he defines as persecution.  This includes, "A pastor finds out that a website has been created by an antagonist for the sole purpose of mocking
and reviling him."

I don't bring this up because I wish for you to stay silent, Jeromy.  I bring this up because you are taking the position that you are acting in a biblical manner.  The statements I have provided from your own church say otherwise.  I have seen godly individuals on your Facebook post questioning your methods of going about this.  Your own supporter said, "We all need to guard our hearts and make sure that the things we're saying and doing in this situation are God honoring."  Another noted, " we are gossiping and we are no better than the opposition here."

So, perhaps you should read Hopler's first statement I posted and truly consider whether how you are acting is godly in response to such persecution.  Or perhaps the two of you could revisit that section.

I answer to God and God Alone. Not John hopler or any other man in this movement. I love these men and I know they would take a bullet for my dad. I wouldn't be doing this if I weren't 100% sure that I was right
RicktRoll
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2018, 11:51:44 am »

And please, do not say you can't speak to any of these.

That's a bunch of bologna.

You've been vocal about everything except answering questions.
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2018, 12:00:26 pm »

and reviling him."

I answer to God and God Alone. Not John hopler or any other man in this movement. I love these men and I know they would take a bullet for my dad. I wouldn't be doing this if I weren't 100% sure that I was right

Then who's right Jeromy?  They think they are correct in putting this statement out for the edification of the whole church.  And you are 100% certain that you are the exception?
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2018, 12:01:51 pm »

RickTRoll, are those questions for me?  They are addressed to Scout and I am not Scout.  I said I would respond to questions that were asked of me.  Just wanted to clarify. How am I supposed to know what "close friends" at ECC are saying?  I can point out some fallacies of logic (like the existence of one letter that does not mention sexual abuse does not disprove the existence of another letter that does mention sexual abuse).  Which actually only leads to more questions--what *was* addressed in his letter?  What did John and Suzanne write that made Mark cry for 3 hours?  Must have been addressing some serious issues if Mark had that kind of reaction (other types of allegations?)

I am not a spokesman for Suzanne.  I have read a LOT about abuse in the church (AND the bible, contrary to popular belief) and have spoken to those issues here, hence my being vocal.  
RicktRoll
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:36 pm »

My word, you speak so much for Scout but the moment I ask you to answer questions you dodge, dodge, dodge.

Yes, these questions are meant for Suzanne. But it is painfully obvious she only posts allegations and answers to nobody. It is also obvious that there are a few of you who are readily coming to her defense and speaking up for her. I am asking you then, like I previously stated, to answer these questions.

Since everyone around here apparently keeps avoiding them.

You know, the whole point of this thread.
Peacemaker03
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2018, 01:06:51 pm »

For anyone reading this, if you don't consider yourself a Christian, this doesn't apply to you, do as you please, and try to live up to whatever standard you'd like to hold yourself to.

Conversely, if you are reading this, and you consider yourself a Christian, if you believe you are a sinner, and have been saved by the everlasting blood of our Lord and Savior, then this is for you.  What are you doing coming here to see how much dirt, vitriol, insinuation, dissension and discord you can throw at the other side.  And before you think, "Yeah, that's what I think about [insert name here], too", I'm talking about PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES.  People on both sides taking shots at the other, people on both sides accusing the other side of being unhinged, or needing professional help.  You are tearing down your brothers and sisters in Christ, and no matter how much "righteous anger" you think you have, I don't think our Lord does anything but weep when his children attack their brothers and sisters, especially when many of those brothers and sisters ON BOTH SIDES are already suffering through tremendous suffering from this and other things the world is throwing at them.

We all have our favorite Bible verse that we like to throw around here to defend our actions.  To all, I ask you to read Galatians 5:16-25.  Ask yourself, is what your posting here come from a spirit of those things listed in verse 20:  rivalries, dissensions, divisions, strife, fits of anger, and the like?  Can we all try to fix our hearts, and perhaps let that overflow into you posts, more of a spirit of those things listed in verse 22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?  

A challenge for you all.  A forty-eight hour cooling off period.  For the next forty-eight hours, meditate on those nine fruits of the spirit.  If you want to post, try to bring those nine fruits into your message.  There can be open and honest conversation without sowing dissension and discord.

I'll repost the above as it seems that you all either didn't read it, or did read it, or decided that it didn't apply to you because you are within your Biblical rights and I am just lumping you in with everyone else on this site.  Again, if you are a Christian, if you are a sinner that has some areas in your life where you may have a log in your eye, I again implore you to speak to your brothers and sisters with a spirit of LOVE, JOY, PEACE PATIENCE, KINDNESS GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, and SELF-CONTROL.  If any would like to point out the asterisk that my Bible didn't include in Galatians 5, which shows that we get to take a break from the fruits of the spirit when we are righteously angered, or when we wronged, or when we incur persecution, or when we know the 100% truth, or some other reason why you are the exception to the rule, go ahead and flame on.  I'm clearly the one who forgot where I was, on an internet chat forum where we go to tear down others and feel justified in doing it.

Please, I implore you all, 48 hours to calm down, 48 hours to unplug from this site and other discussions on the subject, 48 hours to go out in the world and show love and kindness to someone in the real world., 48 hours to remember that we should have faith in our Lord to sort this out without us having to get out our sword and start swinging at our brothers and sisters.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2018, 01:59:38 pm »

I just read your suggestion Peacemaker03, but it should be clarified that having a meeting with someone and their therapist does NOT make one a patient of that therapist.   

I have many friends who are practicing therapists and these incorrect ideas about confidentiality are harmful to people who might consider seeking counseling.  Who wants to go to counseling if 17 years later your therapist can compliment the person you say abused you and have it be used against you in public?  If the psychologist talked to you recently (or whoever, Jeromy hasn't clarified), he was wrong in doing so.  I'll let you know what the MN Psychological Association says about time limits in regards to confidentiality.  Jeromy, you do not speak for them, unless you can share a link from their website to support what you said. You can't just say whatever your understanding is and attribute it to a group of experts.

Anyone in that meeting (I knew all 4) could share with me whatever they wanted, it's their right as a patient. I'm not setting the rules, I'm telling you what they are based on the MN Psychological Association's own rules - what a client shares is protected, what they did NOT shared, is by definition, not protected. I know exactly TWO things from that meeting - sexual allegations were NOT shared and Terry was impressed by my dad. I never said you were unhinged, but you've just exposed Terry to people who are.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: