Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:01:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reckoning  (Read 206163 times)
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2018, 09:11:02 am »

Mere meaning I have nothing to do with the running of this site. I’m just like you in that regard.

This web site would be akin to step 3 in Matthew 18 with regard to exposing sin.

We all just want all the facts on the table. Suzanne and others have a right to be heard. Your dad and ECC have a right to present their side.

This is complicated by the fact that ECC did not consult with Suzanne to agree upon a group to investigate and instead hired a lawyer forcing Suzanne to do the same.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:48:47 pm by Linda » Logged

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2018, 09:11:20 am »

http://pathwayspsych.com/about-us/meet-the-team/terry-zuehlke/

Looks like Terry has a long and distinguished career.  I'm impressed if he is willing to risk his reputation and the reputation of all of his clinics and therapists by speaking with the Darling family and violating confidentiality.  

I saw Jeromy has claimed it is not a violation of confidentiality because they were discussing Mark and not Suzanne.  He is entitled to his opinion, but Terry's professional affiliates are the ones who make that call.

Minnesota Psychological Association
Minnesota School of Professional Psychology, Clinical Supervisor

I'm very interested in how this will pan out.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:40 am »

http://pathwayspsych.com/about-us/meet-the-team/terry-zuehlke/

Looks like Terry has a long and distinguished career.  I'm impressed if he is willing to risk his reputation and the reputation of all of his clinics and therapists by speaking with the Darling family and violating confidentiality.  

I saw Jeromy has claimed it is not a violation of confidentiality because they were discussing Mark and not Suzanne.  He is entitled to his opinion, but Terry's professional affiliates are the ones who make that call.

Minnesota Psychological Association
Minnesota School of Professional Psychology, Clinical Supervisor

I'm very interested in how this will pan out.

perhaps now you're all understanding why I didn't use his name in a public letter on Facebook. Because I knew somebody would track him down post all this information as a way to imply perhaps that they would call him and report him to the board. Thank you Rebel for proving how unhinged many of you really are.
G_Prince

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:29 am »

For starters, I apologize for calling you Princess yesterday.

No offense taken. Honestly I didn't even notice. But thanks for the apology.

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2018, 09:44:03 am »

Yeah, you were in kind a catch-22 there, saying that anonymous people aren't trustworthy but then trying to keep the psychologist anonymous. 

If caring about the sacred client-therapist relationship and thinking that people in positions of power should be accountable to the processes of their profession, then I guess I am unhinged. 

I have seen you degrade credentials, but Terry worked very hard for his, as did the other therapists affiliated with him.  He looks very respectable to me.  You are asking us to believe that this man would stake his ethical credibility on your father.  Okay. All I'm saying is that would surprise me. 

Are you against accountability?  Do you not think people should have to live up to the standards set up by the government (Rom 13 since people don't like the fact I don't use bible citations enough) and their profession when they collect money to provide professional services to people in their time of distress?  That information gathered from people under the agreement of confidentiality can be revealed later? 

Your father could have obtained legal counsel and requested a subpeona for those records or a testimony from the psychologist.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2018, 10:11:24 am »

Yeah, you were in kind a catch-22 there, saying that anonymous people aren't trustworthy but then trying to keep the psychologist anonymous. 

If caring about the sacred client-therapist relationship and thinking that people in positions of power should be accountable to the processes of their profession, then I guess I am unhinged. 

I have seen you degrade credentials, but Terry worked very hard for his, as did the other therapists affiliated with him.  He looks very respectable to me.  You are asking us to believe that this man would stake his ethical credibility on your father.  Okay. All I'm saying is that would surprise me. 

Are you against accountability?  Do you not think people should have to live up to the standards set up by the government (Rom 13 since people don't like the fact I don't use bible citations enough) and their profession when they collect money to provide professional services to people in their time of distress?  That information gathered from people under the agreement of confidentiality can be revealed later? 

Your father could have obtained legal counsel and requested a subpeona for those records or a testimony from the psychologist.

I'm sorry, a catch-22? Lobbing bombs at my father and our church behind a keyboard and fake name are different than me trying to protect a respectable therapist from one of the most unhinged eTerrorists I know (Jason) and any number of other people wouldn't you say? See, in order to "question" whether I had a conversation with the therapist, you'd have to imply I was a liar, which you've now done. Incidentally, what a patient did NOT tell a therapist is NOT protected by confidentiality. Only what a patient TELLS a therapist is protected by confidentiality, which a respected professional like Terry clearly understood.
Peacemaker03
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2018, 10:27:23 am »

For anyone reading this, if you don't consider yourself a Christian, this doesn't apply to you, do as you please, and try to live up to whatever standard you'd like to hold yourself to.

Conversely, if you are reading this, and you consider yourself a Christian, if you believe you are a sinner, and have been saved by the everlasting blood of our Lord and Savior, then this is for you.  What are you doing coming here to see how much dirt, vitriol, insinuation, dissension and discord you can throw at the other side.  And before you think, "Yeah, that's what I think about [insert name here], too", I'm talking about PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES.  People on both sides taking shots at the other, people on both sides accusing the other side of being unhinged, or needing professional help.  You are tearing down your brothers and sisters in Christ, and no matter how much "righteous anger" you think you have, I don't think our Lord does anything but weep when his children attack their brothers and sisters, especially when many of those brothers and sisters ON BOTH SIDES are already suffering through tremendous suffering from this and other things the world is throwing at them.

We all have our favorite Bible verse that we like to throw around here to defend our actions.  To all, I ask you to read Galatians 5:16-25.  Ask yourself, is what your posting here come from a spirit of those things listed in verse 20:  rivalries, dissensions, divisions, strife, fits of anger, and the like?  Can we all try to fix our hearts, and perhaps let that overflow into you posts, more of a spirit of those things listed in verse 22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?  

A challenge for you all.  A forty-eight hour cooling off period.  For the next forty-eight hours, meditate on those nine fruits of the spirit.  If you want to post, try to bring those nine fruits into your message.  There can be open and honest conversation without sowing dissension and discord.
Watching
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2018, 10:34:53 am »

there's only about 15 ACTIVE members on this website that believe any of this, I don't have to feel desperate at all. My letter has gotten more likes and shares across facebook than basically all of Suzanne's posts combined.

There are more than 15 active members, Jeromy.  You can't just pluck numbers from the air - you have no idea how many people are here in the background watching, trying to understand and praying for truth and transparency.  Which, ideally, will come from the investigation.  You sound scary angry, which someone mentioned earlier and may be the reason people don't want to come forward with their names.  And which, incidentally, doesn't help your cause in supporting the father you love.  And your statements about being eyewitness to the truth can't be true if your dad is in fact alone with women.  In that case there are only two eye-witnesses.  That woman and your dad.  You can't be one of them. 
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2018, 10:39:16 am »

there's only about 15 ACTIVE members on this website that believe any of this, I don't have to feel desperate at all. My letter has gotten more likes and shares across facebook than basically all of Suzanne's posts combined.

There are more than 15 active members, Jeromy.  You can't just pluck numbers from the air - you have no idea how many people are here in the background watching, trying to understand and praying for truth and transparency.  Which, ideally, will come from the investigation.  You sound scary angry, which someone mentioned earlier and may be the reason people don't want to come forward with their names.  And which, incidentally, doesn't help your cause in supporting the father you love.  And your statements about being eyewitness to the truth can't be true if your dad is in fact alone with women.  In that case there are only two eye-witnesses.  That woman and your dad.  You can't be one of them.  

1. I'm an eyewitness that he was never alone counseling a woman in any hidden corner of our home and that couldn't be more clear.
2. None if you will ever know what it's like to have your own father and personal hero being accused of being a sexual predator and your mom being tacitly accused of protecting him. I'm fully within my rights to defend my father, to the ends of the earth, against a multiude of people on this forum that have willingly abandoned all reason to pile onto a man they've already clearly expressed a dislike towards. If that scares you, than Jesus would have scared you when he cleared out his father's house with a whip he made, and stared Peter in the and said "get away from me Satan".
3. Clearly I'm not comparing myself to Jesus - just pointing out I'm fully within my rights. Most of these people have all been posting anonymously before these accusations came out and have clearly taken joy in the accusations.
4. Only 10 people have spent more than 4 days total post on this website: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5iq66tidentf3v/Screenshot%202018-03-12%2012.41.49.png?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:42:09 am by jeromydaviddarling » Logged
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2018, 10:41:07 am »

http://pathwayspsych.com/faq/#AboutMe

"What if a family member, friend, or boss asks my Pathways therapist about me?

Our Pathways counseling staff is as concerned about your privacy as you are. We will protect it as well as the confidential information we have gathered from you. You would need to sign a Confidential Release of Information before our staff or professional therapists would even acknowledge to another person that you are a client at Pathways. Your information is only shared after we have your written permission."

That meeting couldn't be discussed without acknowledging Suzanne as a client.  I'm not sure who spoke with the therapist, but if he spoke with you, he confirmed that Suzanne was a client.  If he spoke with your dad, who already knew by virtue of participating in the meeting, I'm not sure.  But then your dad has chosen to reveal privileged information through you.  

Jeromy, like I said, the MN Psychological Association defines confidentiality.  Not you.  I'm interested in what they have to say.  You know, because I'm so unhinged.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2018, 10:45:46 am »

Good grief Linda. 69 days and 15 hours? Sigh.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2018, 10:45:58 am »

For anyone reading this, if you don't consider yourself a Christian, this doesn't apply to you, do as you please, and try to live up to whatever standard you'd like to hold yourself to.

Conversely, if you are reading this, and you consider yourself a Christian, if you believe you are a sinner, and have been saved by the everlasting blood of our Lord and Savior, then this is for you.  What are you doing coming here to see how much dirt, vitriol, insinuation, dissension and discord you can throw at the other side.  And before you think, "Yeah, that's what I think about [insert name here], too", I'm talking about PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES.  People on both sides taking shots at the other, people on both sides accusing the other side of being unhinged, or needing professional help.  You are tearing down your brothers and sisters in Christ, and no matter how much "righteous anger" you think you have, I don't think our Lord does anything but weep when his children attack their brothers and sisters, especially when many of those brothers and sisters ON BOTH SIDES are already suffering through tremendous suffering from this and other things the world is throwing at them.

We all have our favorite Bible verse that we like to throw around here to defend our actions.  To all, I ask you to read Galatians 5:16-25.  Ask yourself, is what your posting here come from a spirit of those things listed in verse 20:  rivalries, dissensions, divisions, strife, fits of anger, and the like?  Can we all try to fix our hearts, and perhaps let that overflow into you posts, more of a spirit of those things listed in verse 22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?  

A challenge for you all.  A forty-eight hour cooling off period.  For the next forty-eight hours, meditate on those nine fruits of the spirit.  If you want to post, try to bring those nine fruits into your message.  There can be open and honest conversation without sowing dissension and discord.

Friend, there have been precious few verses thrown around here, #1. #2, I'm fully within my Biblical rights to defend my father, to the ends of the earth, from people accusing him of being a sexual abuser (and my mother of tacitly allowing him). Do not lump me in with everybody else. I was silent for 2 full months hoping everyone would do exactly what you're asking, but it continued getting worse and worse and worse. No more. I stand by my father and will protect the innocent and defenseless - which right now happens to be my own parents.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2018, 10:50:10 am »

Jeromy, we understand your disdain for anonymous participation of a forum.  Drop it.  It's in the rules.  Unless you are above rules, but then please state that.  Do you need to follow rules here, or not?

Also, I would suggest that people who are anonymous on here stay that way.  Jeromy's friend started 50 fake FB accounts to be able to spam Suzanne.  He made allegations about Suzanne sexually assaulting him that Jeromy has not corrected (his friend said a few comments down that he was just making a point but Jeromy left the comment up).  This friend went to a complete stranger's page and began to post allegations about Suzanne.  Jeromy talked about his "army" that will go against Suzanne.  He said John is cowardly (as if we haven't seen him call people that here enough).  On FB Jeromy's sister said to another commenter that she could just make false accusations against him.

So yes, to protect yourself from bullying (which apparently Jeromy is comparing to Jesus clearing out the temple) please remain anonymous.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2018, 10:52:00 am »

http://pathwayspsych.com/faq/#AboutMe

"What if a family member, friend, or boss asks my Pathways therapist about me?

Our Pathways counseling staff is as concerned about your privacy as you are. We will protect it as well as the confidential information we have gathered from you. You would need to sign a Confidential Release of Information before our staff or professional therapists would even acknowledge to another person that you are a client at Pathways. Your information is only shared after we have your written permission."

That meeting couldn't be discussed without acknowledging Suzanne as a client.  I'm not sure who spoke with the therapist, but if he spoke with you, he confirmed that Suzanne was a client.  If he spoke with your dad, who already knew by virtue of participating in the meeting, I'm not sure.  But then your dad has chosen to reveal privileged information through you.  

Jeromy, like I said, the MN Psychological Association defines confidentiality.  Not you.  I'm interested in what they have to say.  You know, because I'm so unhinged.

Anyone in that meeting (I knew all 4) could share with me whatever they wanted, it's their right as a patient. I'm not setting the rules, I'm telling you what they are based on the MN Psychological Association's own rules - what a client shares is protected, what they did NOT shared, is by definition, not protected. I know exactly TWO things from that meeting - sexual allegations were NOT shared and Terry was impressed by my dad. I never said you were unhinged, but you've just exposed Terry to people who are.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2018, 10:57:16 am »

Jeromy, we understand your disdain for anonymous participation of a forum.  Drop it.  It's in the rules.  Unless you are above rules, but then please state that.  Do you need to follow rules here, or not?

Also, I would suggest that people who are anonymous on here stay that way.  Jeromy's friend started 50 fake FB accounts to be able to spam Suzanne.  He made allegations about Suzanne sexually assaulting him that Jeromy has not corrected (his friend said a few comments down that he was just making a point but Jeromy left the comment up).  This friend went to a complete stranger's page and began to post allegations about Suzanne.  Jeromy talked about his "army" that will go against Suzanne.  He said John is cowardly (as if we haven't seen him call people that here enough).  On FB Jeromy's sister said to another commenter that she could just make false accusations against him.

So yes, to protect yourself from bullying (which apparently Jeromy is comparing to Jesus clearing out the temple) please remain anonymous.

Jeromy, we understand your disdain for anonymous participation of a forum.  Drop it.  It's in the rules.  Unless you are above rules, but then please state that.  Do you need to follow rules here, or not?
It's not in the Bible friend - that Bible sets RULES - even for websites believe it or not - and the Bible IS above the rules on this website.

Also, I would suggest that people who are anonymous on here stay that way.  Jeromy's friend started 50 fake FB accounts to be able to spam Suzanne.  He made allegations about Suzanne sexually assaulting him that Jeromy has not corrected (his friend said a few comments down that he was just making a point but Jeromy left the comment up).  This friend went to a complete stranger's page and began to post allegations about Suzanne.  Jeromy talked about his "army" that will go against Suzanne.  He said John is cowardly (as if we haven't seen him call people that here enough).  On FB Jeromy's sister said to another commenter that she could just make false accusations against him.
You haven't seen me correct him on FB because I've been blocked from John and Suzanne's account. And there's nothing wrong with him or my sister pointing out the obvious - that since Suzanne and John have refused to do anything OTHER than post EXCLUSIVELY on facebook, twitter, and here, ANYONE could post unsubstantiated allegations with no repercussions whatsoever - except Suzanne has clearly crossed the line into libel, which is the only reason any attorney would agree to work with her.

You're implying what? I'd looking these people up on WhitePages.com and show up at their homes? That I'd find their numbers and call them up? That I'd hunt them down at their jobs or social events? Based solely on me passionately defending my father and mother from disgusting, life-changing, soul-shattering allegations? I'm saying you clearly haven't read the Bible enough to know there's a time to stand up and fight for the defenseless and unprotected, and there's a time to defend your father's house. I'm doing both
Linda

« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2018, 10:58:42 am »

Jeromy,

FYI, some of us have our settings on "forever". This means that every time we are online, we are logged in to Decomm.

Others come here and read without being logged in. Those stats are kind of meaningless.

That said, the teaching and practice of GCC/ECC has been very damaging in many ways to many people I love. I am here to support them and encourage them and let them know that they are not alone.

–Linda

jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2018, 11:04:45 am »

Jeromy,

FYI, some of us have our settings on "forever". This means that every time we are online, we are logged in to Decomm.

Others come here and read without being logged in. Those stats are kind of meaningless.

That said, the teaching and practice of GCC/ECC has been very damaging in many ways to many people I love. I am here to support them and encourage them and let them know that they are not alone.

–Linda

Which makes you more or less the one in charge on this forum, even if you didn't start it. And for the hundredth time, nowhere in the bible is this kind of website encouraged or commanded. I've said ACTIVE members because "reading" doesn't make you an active member. Writing and participating make you active and you can only participate with an account. You've posted here more than anyone else, 1758 times to be exact: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zx6msopfox5azp4/Screenshot%202018-03-12%2013.01.17.png?dl=0

I'm saying this website barely has any active members because this church and this movement have barely left the wreckage in their wake that you think. 30,000 members worldwide and this site with about 15 ACTIVE members stands as the only website in existence where people can come and (against all Biblical principles) talk about other people behind their back who are not able to defend themselves (or who know and clearly don't see a need to engage).

I'm here because my parents are being accused of disgusting things that could change their lives forever (and have already left permanent disfiguring soul scars).
Linda

« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2018, 11:06:19 am »

I am not in charge of this forum.

jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2018, 11:08:07 am »

Please show me the dignity of responding to each of the points in that last message and acknowledge the brutal reality my parents of suffering through as we speak
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:21 am »

Please show me the dignity of responding to each of the points in that last message and acknowledge the brutal reality my parents of suffering through as we speak

From Persecution and the Great Commission Christian by John Hopler - Director of Great Commission Churches:

God may want to use persecution to teach or discipline a person, leaders, or even an entire church.
When opposition arises, humble people will ask themselves, “What is God trying to teach me?” Before
we dismiss criticism too quickly as unfair or view it as a sign that we are living a godly life (2 Timothy
3:12), humble people seek God and examine themselves. There may be truth in the midst of poorly
communicated criticism, even if it comes from people with malicious hearts. David’s response to Shimei
(2 Samuel 16:5-13) is a good model to us:

“If he curses, and if the Lord has told him, ‘Curse David,’ then who shall say, ‘Why have you done
so’” (2 Samuel 16:10)?

If we are humble, we will respond to persecution in two ways.

First, like Jesus commands in Matthew

5:11-12, we will rejoice when persecuted: “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you,
and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven
is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

“…but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the
revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation” (1 Peter 4:13).

Second, when persecuted, we will love, bless and pray for our opponents:

“But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse
you, pray for those who mistreat you” (Luke 6:27-28).

“Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse” (Romans 12:14).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: