Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:03:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pastor Mark Darling-Pastor who abused me  (Read 398000 times)
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2018, 11:11:10 am »

RickTRoll, spiritual abuse is a very complex and subtle phenomenon.  I'm not sure what you would accept as proof?  This is a serious question.  How do you "prove" wounds to the soul?  What would make you say..."yes, that is spiritual abuse"?  Again, a sincere question on my part.  There are known patterns of coercion and control.  It's long, but I wrote a post about the BITE Model and how the teachings of GCC result in something called undue influence.  It's a combination of my personal experience as well as their most recent publications as posted on their website and mirrors many experiences from this forum.  

Another thread to consider might be the Consequences of Spiritual Abuse...if so many people leave a denomination experiencing these same results, what does that say about the church?  I think it's a stretch to dismiss patterns (when things happen over and over among people who are strangers to one another, and who were in different GCC church locations and different times) as a result of the individual's perception/personal sin/grudge/bitterness.  

Words affiliated with spiritual abuse are coercive control, undue influence, high demand groups, high control groups, predatory alienation, fringe churches, and cult-like churches (plus more I'm sure).  These all speak to an imbalance of power in which people with power (with or without a title of pastor) receive benefits from the entire system, usually at the expense of those with less power.  I know many Christians believe that we are not to seek power and that power in and of itself is bad, but this causes us to be blind to the actual systems in play.  Jesus himself addressed the power structures of his day and taught that his followers are supposed to live in an upside down kingdom where the last shall be first and the first shall be last. GCC uses a lot of words to suggest this is model they follow (humble, servant leadership), but they also teach submission and obedience to human leaders.  There is inherent power in that, even if you believe the leaders are benevolent and appointed by God.  While you will always be able to find authors who use the bible to teach that church members should submit to the counsel of their pastors, from a theological standpoint, this is outside the realm of orthodox ecclesiology. Others have written about this on the forum, regarding GCC leaders taking the Moses mantle.  I understand that people in these systems truly believe the bible teaches this, but it is a twisting of Scripture to maintain power.

This is part of the reason that spiritual abuse is being discussed in step with Suzanne's assertions.  Without this unbiblical power structure in place, abuse could not continue once exposed. I have seen some people completely try to separate the issues of sexual and spiritual abuse, but the unhealthy culture of GCC is what allowed for Suzanne and the other women to be groomed (I write it that way because I do believe them, looking again at "patterns" and how power/control work).

Every single person who has ever been in a controlling group believes they "think with their brain" and does not blindly follow. Otherwise they would not stay.  However, the amount of freedom you think you have might be an illusion.  Mary Alice Chrnalger explains this very well in her book, Twisted Scriptures, which I recommend for GCC people.  It is likely that you are allowed to challenge and ask questions because in the end you will not go outside of the leaders' desires.  And many of your thoughts are probably in line with the leader's beliefs.  In reality, you are "allowed" to have many, many different kind of thoughts/believes, which provides a sense of freedom.  But when it comes to disagreeing with some important core beliefs--often the ones used to maintain power--that is where you will see your freedom restricted.  As many people on this forum have said, they are asked to leave and shunned at that point.  So, you have "freedom" as long as you stay in the bounds set up by leadership.  Clearly all churches need some boundaries, but the boundaries of GCC serve to give leaders lots of control.

I'm glad you're asking questions--spiritual abuse is a very complicated issue and because of how our minds work, sometimes very difficult to see (Willful Blindness is another good resource).  I encourage you to keep reading and be open.  If you can specify more what you are looking for in terms of "proof" of abuse, people can probably give you examples.  You are not likely to find things as blatant as "God won't love you unless you give us 25% of your income," or "we don't really value you here at this church because you don't serve enough," etc.

The amount of shunning alone mentioned in this forum is a huge cause for concern.  This is not a normal Christian practice.  

Sorry, for some reason the "quote" feature didn't quite work when I tried to respond to RicktRoll, his comments are below:

Can you prove there still is "abuse" going on?

A lot of people in this thread have been claiming spiritual abuse from 10+ years ago.

Excusing whether or not what these statements claim is true or not, has anyone actually gone to an Evergreen location in the last year, or been a part of the church within the last few years and still experienced this?

I am a current GCC'r and experience none of this, nor am I a sheep that does everything that I'm told to do. I think with my brain. I challenge their thoughts and actions and from my standpoint, they are very open to hearing opinions and haven't shunned me because of it.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:15:22 am by Rebel in a Good Way » Logged
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2018, 11:51:21 am »

I am a current GCC'r and experience none of this, nor am I a sheep that does everything that I'm told to do. I think with my brain. I challenge their thoughts and actions and from my standpoint, they are very open to hearing opinions and haven't shunned me because of it.
(Not my original post. I re-thought it and decided to do some of editing & condensing.)

Okay, now I admit I'm curious.

Rick, would you call yourself a member of the inner circle at Evergreen? Do you or does any member of your family hold a position within the church, such as teacher, study leader, or ministry director? Or do you consider yourself a close friend to someone who holds such a position? You see, if you're part of the trusted inner circle, you may have greater leeway to express a difference of opinion than a typical member has. This may hold doubly true if, as your screen name implies, you're male.

However, if you're one of the rank-and-file members, then would you cite at least one instance where you directly challenged the leadership at Evergreen, especially in a matter of importance? Two instances would be even better. What was the issue, and how did the challenge go down? Were you allowed to make your concerns known to the membership in general, or did it have to be secretive with the leaders? Assuming you're just one of the little guys, I'd really like to hear how some of these challenges of yours went.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:37:34 pm by Huldah » Logged
blonde

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2018, 09:52:34 pm »

Gladtobegone wrote that Mark alluded to himself as a prophet. That is TRUE TRUE TRUE.

The web-MP3 site that has Mark saying this was just about 5-6 years ago developed. Go here: www.whoismarkdarling.com

Listen to it, it's short and the last bell it is Mark saying he is a prophet. They are all Mark Darling quotes and it is him speaking. No narration by anyone, no comments, no-nothing but Mark talking. ALL MARK DARLING who calls and alludes to himself as a prophet.

-Blonde

We must become the change we want to see.
-Mahatma Gandhi
blonde

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2018, 10:01:44 pm »

Nate Swinton some years ago, who is not on this forum by choice now, says that he was scared of Mark Darling. With what is now happening to Susan, in the past, and now, this is even more telling as Nate was very close and worked with National Leaders. One of them being Mark Darling. Thanks Nate for the good and honest word.

And I do agree, spiritual and sexual abuse is very very complex. My prayers are going up for Susan and her family. And proud of her.

Susan is no longer scared of Mark Darling.

Please see: http://forum.gcmwarning.com/the-moribund-equine/nate-swinton-states-he-was-scared-of-mark-darling/

-Blonde
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:04:39 pm by blonde » Logged

We must become the change we want to see.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Scout
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2018, 05:46:27 am »

Let's not forget the dismal record of honesty so far in how Evergreen is trying to tell this story about Scout.

Suzanne was fully heard in this matter.  (Against Evergreen's pastor's wishes, since they crossed out stuff they did not like.  That is not listening.)

20 years ago.  (Actually, 17 years ago.  Why is Evergreen rounding up? So it looks a little better?)

No further action steps were required by the Van Dykes or the mediator. (Nope again.  There were 2 steps of action asked for and agreed to.)

The mediator.  (There was no mediator, which is someone who represents both sides. It was Suzanne's counselor.)

Van Dykes received over a million dollar gift to start a church in Berlin. (How sadly laughable. The $ went to GCM, Van Dykes raised support.)

"within a year of the mediation process"  (What? I thought everyone had been heard and satisfied.  A mediation process??)

We have nothing but good will for the Van Dykes.  (If this is how Evergreen treats friends, I would hate to be on their bad side.  Why the Evergreen public meeting where people are told not to talk to the Van Dykes or their siblings? Why the lie about how they are in counseling? Why the insinuation that something is so wrong with them that you can't talk to them? Hmmmm...is something being covered up? And why the mean comment about how they should never have been sent to Germany? Is this considered good will?)

If Suzanne would like another private meeting they would welcome it.  (She already tried that and got nothing.)

We are in the process of hiring a reputable third party investigator.  (Turned out to be a lawyer that was representing only them.)

GodisFaithful,

Thanks for collecting and tracking all of the statements EC has made that are not true. 

Scout
GraceAndTruth
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2018, 02:50:55 pm »

I find all of this very hard to believe. I do not know Mark personally, have never been to Evergreen, but have been to the Faith Walkers conference. And I have listened to at least 40 messages given by Mark at his strongdisciple website.

The Bible says we will know a tree by it's fruit. The verifiable fruit I can see from Mark's life is that:

1.  He has been married for 30+ years (not sure the exact number). He speaks highly of his wife and honors her and is a great example to others on how a husband should lay down his life for his wife.

2.  All of his children are still following the Lord and seem to be involved in some type of ministry. Do you know how rare this is? This usually does not happen because kids can see hypocrisy is their parents life, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

3.  God has allowed the churches that Mark has been involved with to flourish. Most churches are on the decline, even many GCC churches I hear. Jesus said " I will build my church", and He seems to be using Mark in that process.

4.  The faith Walkers conference I went to about 10 years ago had just under 1000 people. When I went again few years ago there were over 2,000. And the conference made such a huge impact on me and the other people I went with. It is growing and affecting people's lives for Christ.

5.  I'm sure there are more people who have come to Christ as a result of Mark's life than probably all of the people in this thread combined, into the 1,000's +++ I'm sure.

6. If I knew Mark personally, I could probably keep writing this list for hours.

All I'm saying, is that the fruit of Mark's life and how God has used him does not match up with this allegation. Frankly, my prayers are with Mark, and for healing on the part of Scout.

GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2018, 04:06:57 pm »

There are two sides to every story, GraceAndTruth, and you have every right to see it the way you do. 

On this forum Scout has chosen to tell her story and some of us believe her.

I knew her and her husband back in the day.  The sweetest of people.  Super loyal to Evergreen.  Very giving and kind.  Not the kind of people that you would think are crazy and deluded.  I can verify that. In fact they were sent out as missionaries by Evergreen.

I can also verify that Mark used to hang out and confide in young single pretty  girls.  My husband also says he remembers this.  That is a very dangerous and ill advised practice for a pastor.

I also am suspicious of the way that Evergreen has come out with statements that have been verified to be untrue. It makes me think they are trying very hard to cover this up.

All the good fruit in the world does not take away the sin and damage to Scout's life, if this allegation turns out to be true.  I truly am sad about it, for both sides.  I believe that Evergreen lacks humility and integrity in their leadership. 
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2018, 07:53:00 am »

I am posting this here because there are many connections to the current situation with Scout & ECC/GCC.  It is a statement from Rachel Denhollander (one of Larry Nassar's victims).

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rachael-denhollander/response-to-sovereign-grace-churches/1720170721396574/

PROBLEMS WITH AN "INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION"

In the quotes below, CLC is Covenant Life Church, part of Sovereign Grace Ministries (SGM) now called Sovereign Grace Churches (SGC). 

ECC also chose to take the flawed route of SGM and Rachel explains the problems.  Emphases are mine.

* "The review, called the Thaler-Liebeler report, was conducted by a firm and an attorney with no known or recorded experience in criminal law or investigative work. Rather, the firm specialized in various forms of business litigation and business law, as did the attorney hired to investigate, Mr. Liebeler. Anyone familiar with sexual assault, institutional dynamics, or simply the process for independent investigations, would immediately recognize that this type of firm is not in any way the type of firm normally retained for such endeavors, and that the skill set and expertise necessary for this type of investigation, simply was not present."

* "CLC retained the firm as their attorney, meaning that all information found during the investigation was protected under attorney-client privilege, and was not released. This is the precise tactic used by Michigan State University in the Larry Nassar case, when they retained an attorney to conduct a private review. They rightfully received public scorn for this maneuver and have now submitted to a truly independent review, which has already produced significant incriminating evidence somehow “missed” by the initial review. CLC and Sovereign Grace, by contrast, never have consented to such an investigation. "

* "This review did not examine any claims arising outside of Covenant Life Church. Thus, it never examined the allegations of systemic failures within the denomination to report domestic or sexual abuse."

FLAGSHIP LEADERS

Rachel also recognizes that when foundational leaders of a movement are involved, it carries significance for the entire denomination.  ECC is not the flagship church of GCC, but key leaders have always been involved there and it is a church with a lot of influence in the denomination.  And MAIN, NATIONAL, leaders were involved in the mishandling of the concern 17 years ago, and have obviously been overseeing things since then when more victims have come forward.  Others are better versed at this history than I am, but that information is readily available.

"While the SGC statement simply describes CLC as “a church that was then part of Sovereign Grace,” CLC was in fact the flagship church of the denomination. Furthermore, CJ Mahaney was the lead pastor at the time nearly all the alleged mishandlings of abuse at CLC took place,"

HANDLING PROBLEMS INTERNALLY

"Concurrent with multiple pastor’s statements demonstrating that the method of handling abuse was to conduct their own investigation, to confront the abuser, and to handle the abuse as “an internal spiritual issue,” "

The practices of SGM regarding the reporting of abuse seem similar to those outlined in GCLI manuals regarding handling complaints against pastors.  See page 10.   http://ae32b6f7a6ad6f5ae1f0-a966d7fcbad4fbcd7d1dccf3fbabbb92.r98.cf2.rackcdn.com/uploaded/g/0e6049137_1490129986_gcli-2017-b4-s8-11-persecution-and-the-great-commission-christian.pdf 

I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I see nothing on the GCC website or in their training materials about how to deal with abuse allegations.  Only "criticism" of a pastor or leader.  This demonstrates negligence when it comes to protecting people from abuse. The GCLI materials they choose to highlight (about leaders' authority and their persecution complex) with no priority given to the protection of children and/or other vulnerable people is...concerning.  And, I think, telling.

CONCLUSION

So much of what Rachel writes is worth repeating, but I think this quote about how the institutional church has tried to minimize her is pertinent to Scout and ECC/GCC right now:

"This is institutional and community protectionism. Brothers and sisters, this is it. We need to realize that the reason we are gaining a reputation for handling these situations so poorly is not because people hate the gospel and make up lies about us, but because we have a real problem in how we think about sexual abuse and how we think about our leaders and institutions."

And "Given the standard set in Scripture for what a Christian ought to be and in particular a Christian leader, I would suggest this standard ought to be even higher than we require of, say, state universities."
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2018, 02:41:36 pm »

So...Is Evergreen going to frame this like a little gnat that needs to be swatted away?

Evergreen says they "take sexual abuse allegations seriously" but they have nothing in place in their organization to actually take it seriously in the event that sexual abuse happens?

Are the pastors at Evergreen so arrogant they don't think it could happen in their church?  (That would sort of be like a school thinking that a school shooting could never happen to them and having to plan in place.  Negligent.)

Is Evergreen somehow squelching this information of more women coming forward to the extent that their followers are not concerned?

Are the grass roots followers at Evergreen being told not to expose themselves to the allegations?

Is the Great Commission Board deeply concerned, or ho hum, this too shall pass?

What IS the accountability among the pastors at Evergreen? Is there ANY?  What if someone teaches something really off?

Are they really going to pass this off as that there must be something terribly wrong with the victim, pray for her?

And that is going to fly with the followers at Evergreen?

Sort of like drink the Koolade and keep singing kum-by-yah and we will make it through this storm of persecution from the nutty people who have listened to Satan and left our church? How  many verses will they have to sing and for how long?

How giant of a carpet is it going to take to sweep the garbage under? 

Does Evergreen think they will come out smelling like a rose? Are they really that arrogant?

Just a few of the questions rattling around in my brain.  Thankful I can ask questions.
margaret
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »

About this: "I'm not saying it didn't happen, but that since I've been there Mark has actually been pretty vocal specifically about his refusal to meet with women alone."

Coulee Rock Community Church.
January 14, 2018.
25 minutes into the message.
Mentions giving a woman a ride to work.
Broke the "Never Alone With A Woman" rule unless someone else accompanied him.

Am I missing something? I thought he was removed from ministerial duties until the investigation is complete? Why is he at Coulee Rock Community Church preaching?
Linda

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2018, 06:42:55 pm »

Looks like that was January. He was put on a leave of absence in early February.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Scout
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2018, 05:37:20 am »

Evergreen Church is having a town hall meeting tomorrow, March 6, 2018 to update their congregants about the "investigation" into Mark's abuse of me and other women.  In the email invitation sent to their members to, they write that they sent an "ill-advised" tweet response to my original tweet of Mark Darling's abuse of me.  They apologize that it was "misleading".  In the photo on the left I have placed arrows by each of their "misleading" statements.  The photo on the right shows a circle stating they "apologize for this".  Following is my social media post from today, Monday, March 5, 2018.

Evergreen Church,
Since you are having a Town Hall meeting tomorrow (March 6, 2108) to update your congregants about the investigation into pastor Mark Darling's abuse of me (and other women), do you want John van Dyck and I to be there as well?
With us at the Town Hall you could apologize directly to us and in front of the people you mislead in a tweet response back to me [photo on left]. Your congregants, to be sure, appreciated your apology [photo on right] to them about the "misleading" nature of that tweet to me, but I'm certain in the name of Christian repentance and transparency you would welcome the opportunity to apologize to myself and John van Dyck. Thanks and let me know...Suzanne van Dyck
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2018, 10:17:42 am »

Very wise of you, Scout, to ask to be at the "Town Hall Meeting", since presumably they will be talking about you (hopefully not slander) and perhaps they  will wish to show their good will in front of other people instead of just behind closed doors, maybe even "apologize".

Here is how the so called apology hit me.  They are taking the high road now and will not use social media (because they bungled their first attempt so badly and people outside their group were able to examine it and find the holes.) But Scout, you go ahead and use the low road of social media.  Oh, and we got caught telling a lie.  Our bad.  Sorry about that. 

I, God-Is-Faithful, hereby apologize for even reading their apology and having any hope that there is truth in it.

Do we have a leaker? Is that  how we know about this Town Hall meeting.  Better watch out people.  Excommunication could be right around the corner.

I looked up Town Hall Meeting:

"...an informal public meeting at which community members discuss issues and concerns...giving everyone a chance to talk personally in a relaxed environment about the things that matter to them. Typically, the organization and leadership are minimal, encouraging people to settle their differences amicably and with the help of friends.

...people in the group can ask questions or bring issues up, and the officials and other members of the group may respond. When heated issues arise, the atmosphere may become less orderly, but usually members of the group are capable of policing each other to ensure that everyone is heard.  ...participating in a town hall meeting can be an excellent experience."

My prediction:

IF questions are allowed to be asked, they must be submitted ahead of time and parts of them may be blacked out.

Cell phones must be left at the door and no one can take notes.

This will not be an "excellent experience" if members of Evergreen are looking for truth and humility from their leaders.

Everyone will not be heard.

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2018, 07:07:15 pm »

Here are some good insights about how abusive churches handle negative claims from the book, "Twisted Scriptures - Breaking Free from Churches That Abuse" (Zondervan.com on Kindle) by Mary Alice Chrnalogar.  I thought they seemed to apply to nearly all the claims on here as far as GCx and most of their followers are concerned (in keeping with their negative information control practices), and most recently Scout's and Victim C's claims.

She explains the controlled mindset that is taught below:

"...If you refuse to listen to negative information, it may be because your group has instilled in you the fear that you will hear something negative about your leaders or group. They have you believing that, if you listen to such criticism or questioning, you will fall away by committing the sin of doubting the leaders. They are just trying to scare you into not hearing the truth. If these leaders weren’t hiding something, they wouldn’t have to do all this controlling of negative information.

Do you realize that by telling your family or friends they cannot speak negatively to you, you may be telling God He cannot give you any negative information about your group through your family or friends? That is what you are doing. Maybe God wants to use your family or friends as His instruments for shedding light on something that may not be right in your group…"

This paragraph above is exactly what was going on while I was in GCx.  Several family members who were believers were trying to help me from being manipulated by men instead of God.  I loyally had my horse blinders on so I couldn't see the truth in what they told me.  Below is what I was repeatedly told in GCx.

"…INSTILL FEAR OF NEGATIVE INFORMATION TO GAIN CONTROL

Abusive and controlling groups concentrate on these two essential elements: Teach the discipled that any negative or critical words are probably sinful Teach them to fear those “sins” so greatly that they will react forcefully and irrationally toward anyone (family, friend, fellow Christian) who dares suggest that their group might be making a mistake…

…If you consistently denigrate outsiders, labeling them as not committed, demonic, or worldly, you can probably prevent the subject from accepting most information offered by those outsiders. If the information can be prevented from being seen as credible, the subjects will refuse to be informed about the errors you are trying to teach them…”

Be assured the devil wants any believer to be crippled in their daily faith because he cannot take away your eternal saving faith.  He will settle for crippling it or shipwrecking it if possible.  Staying in a church that puts those who leave, or whistle blowers on the "rebellious" list as an enemy of the church puts you in deep darkness and harm.  These churches cripple your personal relationship with Jesus by controlling it.  

The last thing one who knows Jesus and abides in God's Spirit wants to do is report anything negative about another believer or church.  But, if it is truly harmful, we are commanded to expose that evil.  The apostle Paul certainly did.  And Paul warned that there are plenty of faith abusing leaders out there.  They are zealous for their own reputation, not God's.  

GCx always bragged about how HOLY it was. That was supposedly their hallmark as we were told.  Well GCx, what's Holy about the way you continually cover up and whitewash abuse and let sinful leaders go untouched? What's Holy about the way you treat people tragically wounded by those leaders?

Why must you perpetrate lies to control your people's thoughts and actions?  Is it because that is the only way you can get them and keep them.  That's not fruit - that's a bitter root.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:53:58 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2018, 08:32:51 pm »

So remember that Evergreen people keep saying that the investigation is an independent third party sort of thing and we were all scratching our heads and could not figure that out??

According to a guy who goes to Evergreen, who claims to be in the know, Evergreen is claiming that THEY are the third party. (This is on FB by the way.) Mark is one party, Suzanne is one party, and Evergreen is one party.  Evergreen, aside from Mark who is being accused, is pure as the wind driven snow so they get to be the third party, and this is where the confusion is coming in.  People are trying to find out who is on the Board of Trustees and it seems to be appointed by the pastors, which they think is just fine because only someone hostile to Evergreen would think the other pastors who appoint the BOT are corrupt. One pastor is usually on the BOT, but supposedly he recused himself.  So they are calling the investigation unbiased because supposedly Evergreen is unbiased, they just want to get to the bottom of whether their employee, Mark Darling, did anything wrong and then at the end the BOT will decide how to discipline him.

The whole thing seems to be a jumbled mess to me. 

No wonder they didn't have a Town Hall Meeting!

If anyone who has tried to call Evergreen to ask questions and get this straight has more information, please inform.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2018, 08:59:29 pm »

Yeah, I don't know if that guy truly doesn't understand, or is just so blind he can't see what is obvious to everyone else?  At the very least he (and probably others) are misinformed about how the legal system works in regards to legal liability of boards, client-attorney privilege, conflicts of interest, independent investigations, etc.  I have actually done a lot of reading about that and it's still confusing, because sometimes churches enjoy more freedoms than the average non-profit.  Anyway, I think they just grasp on to whatever ECC tells them and repeats that information.  When I press for any specific details there are no answers.  They will say "look, the attorney's e-mail says INDEPENDENT!" even after people have pointed out several problems with the use of that word.

Actually, the people who come on these boards to defend ECC also choose not to answer the hard questions.  They stick to their agenda and only interact with the talking points they want.  Not one person from ECC has addressed that e-mail where Suzanne was accidentally CC'ed.  It's pretty indefensible.  Other than trusting that because the Board is so unbiased that they should communicate with the attorney through the whole investigation because they just want to find out the truth.  Um...

I'm not sure that one poster who claimed that ECC is the 3rd party represents what ECC is telling people. He could be.  But I think he so wants to believe in the goodness of his church and its leaders that he is trying to rationalize and justify a situation that is not currently going well for them.  Or...I don't know...doesn't like it when things are explained more accurately by multiple women?  Seriously, that thought crosses my mind every time I interact with a GCC male as I think they more easily discount and degrade women.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2018, 06:49:35 am »

Watch out, folks.  The BIG sheriffs are in town!  Keep your heads down and get a look at the fastest guns in the Midwest, here to bring some much needed good old fashioned law and order.

Marvin and Marvin on their hawses.  Pow! Pow! Pow!

"Now folks, we been hearin' that there's a lady down here in SconSIN who's tryin' ta get her phD. Now the sheriff down here says to that idear of this lady, he says No! So no means no, ya hear? And this here lady wants ta do a new fangled online study for her high falutin phD, but no no means no!  Now this here lady unfortunately ended up with cancer and she has a youngen in the hospital.  Now folks, we're tellin' ya, this here can mean only one thing.  There is sin in the camp here in SconSIN. And we been hearin' that this here lady has been bloggin around to her friends and family insteada doin what she should be doin.  And we been hearin' that this here lady has been  complainin bout the sheriff down here. Marvin and Marvin, that's us, from Megalopodisgust, are here to take care o this.  Let me tell ya, folks, as plain as I kin make it. Complainin's the same as murmurin's the same as SLANDERIN!!  So, Marvin, we are here to do some exxxxcomunicatin and some shunnin and some disssssaplinin, aren't we Marvin? Yep, Marvin, youbetcha! Now has everybody been heard? Have you been heard Marvin? Yep, I've been heard, have you been heard Marvin? Yep, I've been heard. So everybody's been heard now, ya hear?"

Clop Clop Clop

"So Marvin, how dya think it went down there in SconSIN? Oh, fine, just fine, Marvin. We cleared some air, didn't we Marvin? But Marvin, did you notice, some o those folks down in SconSIN are dressin like hicks. We need to get back down there for a con-fer-ence and do some reprovin 'cause that's bad bad bad."

"But on to less important matters, Marvin, what if, when we get back home to Megalopodisgust there are allegations of sexxxxual misconduct? What are we gonna do??? Well, Marvin, yer appointed and I'm appointed so we're appointed. What's yer point Marvin? My point is we're appointed. We'll do some investigatin, that's what we'll do, 'cause we're appointed. And we'll have a party. A third party. A fourth party. However many parties we need. And we'll be the life o the party! 'Cause we're appointed. If necessary we'll do what we did in SconSIN, we'll do some exxxxxcomunicatin and some shunnin and some disssssaplinin. But Marvin, that worked in SconSIN but will that work in Megalopodisgust??"

"I've been thinkin Marvin. Let's have somethin in our back pocket.  Let's have a good ol' fashioned Town Hall Meetin!!!  What's a Town Hall Meetin, Marvin? Doncha know, Marvin? A Town Hall Meetin is a Town Hall Meetin. That's a great idea, Marvin, 'cause we been appointed! Right, Marvin? RIGHT!!  Hey, we said that at the same time! Probly 'cause we been appointed!!"

Heehaw

(dedicated to Scout and womanwithaphD in hello section of the forum)

To Scout and Woman:
"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears." Ps 18

"The eternal God is my refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deut. 33

Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:42 am »

GodisFaithful, I appreciate your sense of humor!

Wisconsin is NOT known for fitness and svelteness, so...Marvin probably couldn't wait to get out of here.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2018, 07:42:18 am »

Notice there is nothing in the story about being overweight.

In this parody there are a couple of big fat hypocrites.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2018, 04:25:48 pm »

Did anyone post here yet about the third victim that has come forward on Suzanne's Facebook page?
Victim "A" tells some of her story there.  

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:27:36 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: