Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:28:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pastor Mark Darling-Pastor who abused me  (Read 397952 times)
AgathaL'Orange
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2018, 05:29:27 pm »

Sorry Agatha. Let me rephrase: It does matter that people are sharing rumors and using that to create doubt about Suzanne's credibility and character. It does not matter if she is divorced for the purposes of determining if her allegations are true.

Oh, I wasn't correcting you!  Smiley  I was trying to build on your statement.  Smiley

Glad to be free.
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2018, 06:05:19 pm »

Got it Smiley

Just realized I read your post wrong. I thought you said it "does matter," not "doesn't." Oops
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:34:35 pm by araignee19 » Logged
HughHoney
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2018, 07:42:58 pm »

If you would even for one second spend time on the resources I sent you before you would understand EMDR a little more. There is evidence. I've given it to you, you just keep avoiding.

Also, a huge reason why you don't see a larger Evergreen or GCC presence in all of this on Facebook from their followers is that they think all of this is ludicrous.

This is all clearly a small sample of people who hate GCC, allowing themselves to comment on something they know nothing about, to all pile on a church you clearly hate. All of you have used this site for YEARS and Scout has been an active member. Why now all of a sudden is this coming up? Further pushes the EMDR question.

The person who tells one side of a story seems right until someone else comes and asks questions. - Proverbs 18:17

Trying to ask questions guys, Suzanne's story has too many holes for me to jump on any bandwagon. Again, she has only made claims.

I see a lot of people referencing Evergreens response on Facebook. I can see your hangup in how they responded when they said: "This was investigated 17 years ago." but they aren't obligated to give any detail as to what they believe. They are affirming yes they met 17 years ago. They aren't agreeing with what was talked about or saying Suzanne was right. You guys are doing that and jumping to your own conclusions.

The whole point of a third party investigator is to be hired and investigate what did happen.

Something I keep coming back to and STILL have no clue why people aren't responding to me, is why didn't John do anything?

Back in the day when this all happened, was he in those meetings? Why hasn't he done anything in this? Or agreed with Suzanne?

If he was a pastor too and knew about their rule of not meeting with women alone, why would he then let his wife go and break this rule?

WHY ARENT THEY EVEN FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK?!?!!? Can someone tell me that?!?!

In all of these things, why wouldn't you insist that Mark be fired?

You agreed (AGAIN, YOU AGREED) he would get treatment. Then what you are over it then? Or the fact that he didn't get treatment now causes you 17 years later to throw a huff about it again?

Your timeline and details do not make sense at all! This is why I can't believe why she's bringing it up now because she has had EMDR therapy since then and who knows what that has done to her memory.

Also, your inadequacies of understanding basic biblical concepts, and how all of you have chosen to go about this (from a Christian point of view), CLEARLY shows your true intentions in all of this and easily discredits all of you from any qualification to defending Scout at all!

RickTroll first on the scene but no logins since Ides of March
HughHoney
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2018, 08:19:17 pm »

Yesterday I received several private messages on this forum from RicktRoll. 

Here is the first private message from RicktRoll"

"Suzanne, I want to send you a private message to call out some things and give you the honor of calling them out privately to you.  I've been a third party from the outside looking in this whole time and I've been giving my perspective from that viewpoint.  I can also see that nothing with you is private but still wanted to give you this chance to handle this information as you please.
I came across some information I thought you might find helpful.  I do believe you want the truth in all of this and that's pretty clear from your writing.  I read one of your Twitter posts that states you have done EMDR therapy.  I have a friend who also had EMDR therapy.  10 sessions.  They didn't report any signifigant changes, but  wanted to learn more about this therapy.  Maybe you're aware, but it has been linked very strongly to false memory syndrome.  In fact, if you Google the term "EMDR false memory" you'll find a litany of information, studies and reports.  Here is a link to a TED talk by respected psychotherapist  and I've also attached the finding of her report.  I'm not trying to cast any aspersions.  But maybe this could bring some peace."
I am not sure how to place RicktRoll's links here.  RicktRoll, can you repost them on the public forum?

I responded to RicktRoll that I did EMDR therapy a few years ago.  I had not done EMDR therapy 17ish years ago when I sought out therapy for Mark Darling's abuse of me.

Following is RicktRoll's response:

"Even if EMDR was applied later on don't you think it would effect all those memories before it then?
What abuse are you talking about?  I don't see you saying anything in your posts that show there was abuse.  You claim he was with you alone and that he hugged you with a boner.  What happened in those times?
Any why hasn't your husband stood up for you yet?  It would help your cause so much if he was standing by your side showing his support for you!  Everyone is asking about him and I wan't to make sure you look strong!"

Finally, I sure this is purely coincidental, but one definition of "Rick Rolled" is "To be tricked by a forum troll...".  To be fair there are other definitions as well.

Scout

Say the opposite of these words:
1. Always
2. Coming
3. From
4. Take
5. Me
6. Down

RickTroll is definitely not Jeromy
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2018, 08:25:06 pm »

Just to remind you all this is what my original post was:

"I have stood face to face with more than one person that have personally read the letter.  At this juncture, or really at anytime, it would be inappropriate for me to have read the letter personally.  I have spoken to some of the 5 witnesses personally, not all.  So yeah, I did not even want to answer this question because I know what you will turn it into.  I also know that you have been more neutral, leaning towards believing Suzanne's story in this whole situation.  I post what I post because one cannot ignore the glaring issues with her story, and because I know some of people involved quite personally, for many years.  Can any supporters on this forum say they have known Suzanne personally for many, many years (besides her SIL).  Has her husband, or husband at the time this all happened, spoken up.  Do they know anyone personally that has read the letter?  Have they read the letter? 

Point being we should hold our opinions and wait patiently for the investigation, right? Gosh that would be awesome!  However people here have made it quite clear that the investigation means nothing to them.  This will just continue on.  I will continue to speak up for someone who has been falsely accused in a public-one-sided way.  If none of this was on public platforms, I would not be saying anything, and waiting and praying patiently for the truth to be revealed."

I know someone on here accused me of throwing out insults to deflect subject matter.  I feel I have been sufficiently insulted and subject was well deflected, well done.  But I will do more, I will apologize for taking a poorly worded sentence lacking appropriate puncuation, for face value,  and re-stating what I thought it meant.  I apologize for spreading that information unintentionally.  I will considered them married and will not say anything to contradict that.

You picked out 8 words of my post, and turned it fully against me, that my only intent was to spread gossip, when Suzanne did imply in her post that he was her husband at the time.  Maybe it was poorly worded by her?  Anyways, the context of my post was something entirely different.  I will no longer speak of their marriage, my mistake for saying something, I will assume they are married.   

Fair enough, GTA.  No one, including me, can know what your intentions were.  I believe you that you did not intend to spread gossip.  In fact, I believe that a lot of people here do not intend to sit around spreading gossip.

Not sure when this whole thing will be resolved, but I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in hoping it's quick and complete and with as little damage as possible.

Glad to be free.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:01 am »

I just saw an ad on Fox 9 news. Suzanne's story will be aired Wednesday at 9:00 PM. They teased with, "When #Metoo comes to the local church." This is so unbelievably sad. I see no other outcome than the name of Mark, Evergreen and God being defamed.

It's more like #look@me than #Metoo
Greentruth

« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2018, 06:49:52 am »

My heart sinks at this. Prayers for all involved. May Gods light be shown, and any deception be exposed
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2018, 06:52:48 am »

I just saw an ad on Fox 9 news. Suzanne's story will be aired Wednesday at 9:00 PM. They teased with, "When #Metoo comes to the local church." This is so unbelievably sad. I see no other outcome than the name of Mark, Evergreen and God being defamed.

It's more like #look@me than #Metoo

I worry about the church hurting the image that people have of God.

I don't think we have to worry about "defaming" God by uncovering corruption in our churches.  
Greentruth

« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2018, 06:56:48 am »

What the devil uses for harm, God will use for good.
Mango
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2018, 07:00:02 am »

I don't think we have to worry about "defaming" God by uncovering corruption in our churches.  

And you know both parties and feel confident in making that statement?
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2018, 07:04:39 am »

And you know both parties and feel confident in making that statement?

My statement is valid for any corruption in any church.  If corruption is found, it needs to be dealt with.  News media investigations have brought many issues of corruption to light.
Mango
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2018, 07:16:41 am »

If corruption is found, it needs to be dealt with.  News media investigations have brought many issues of corruption to light.

"If"
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2018, 07:23:19 am »

Whoa!  Is this video online? 

Glad to be free.
Linda

« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2018, 09:21:41 am »

Quote from: Badger

I took this as a generic comment about exposing sin among churches.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Greentruth

« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2018, 04:25:41 pm »

Quote from: Badger

I took this as a generic comment about exposing sin among churches.

[/quite

Generic? Sin? Corruption?  All confusing words when used to manipulate and distort what some feel empowered by abusing. God will not be mocked.  My heart breaks at such calloused talk, given the current attack on all churches.
Linda

« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2018, 04:47:45 pm »

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. Ephesians 5:11

If church leaders are involved in sin and/or a cover up of sin, this should be exposed.

It will not harm God's reputation.

Church leaders who sin and/or cover up sin would be corrupt leaders. They should be exposed, according to Ephesians.

1 Timothy 5: 19,20 goes as far as to say:

Do not entertain an accusation against an elder, except on the testimony of two or three witnesses. But those who persist in sin should be rebuked in front of everyone, so that the others will stand in fear of sin.

So, clearly, God's word doesn't seem to indicate His reputation will be harmed if sin is exposed.

When I use the term "generic", I mean I am not referring to the specific situation that is before us. Just addressing the idea that the exposure of sin in any church will not harm God's reputation.

This is not a comment on the Fox 9 investigation. I have no idea what the Fox 9 report will uncover. We will all find out on Wednesday at 9:00, I guess.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #376 on: April 29, 2018, 06:14:11 pm »

I'm a little confused why wanting to expose and deal with corruption in the church is equated with mocking God since much of the bible consists of calling out Israel and the church when they have gone astray or become corrupt.  In the Old Testament through the prophets, through judgments (40 years in the wilderness), Jesus calling out the pharisees (who WERE religious leaders), corrections to the churches in the epistles, and even Jesus criticizes churches in Revelation.  God is so unafraid of his reputation being defamed and was so committed to drawing his people back to him that he used a donkey to confront a prophet.

The point of exposing sin and bringing things out of darkness is so that the light of Christ can shine on them.  The point is not to destroy, humiliate, or "win."  It is to get people to turn away from their sin (and face whatever consequences might come with that).  Why in the world would that mock God?
Greentruth

« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2018, 06:47:50 pm »

Rebel what?  You really like to twist words and manipulate them to your agenda. I said NOTHING about exposing corruption in the Church,and when you start making grandiose claims of rebuking Pharisees corrections to the Church, when in fact this a huge part of what you actually do. God turned away from destroying Israel at Moses pleading, so as not to defame His name.   My post here was in response to what read as flippant justification of the direction of thread.  Generic?  There is nothing generic about brother attacking brother, sister attacking sister. What happened to Love one another. Forgive one another.   Do you honestly believe persecuting the Church in the worlds eye glorifying?  Expose corruption,yes.  Expose unproven accusations against supposed people, who I thought where innocent until guilty,NO?  I guess we need that higher level of education not afforded us all, to be able to side step what most in this country understood as justice. Even the worldly systems afford more justice than what I have seen a handful of people here dish out here.  When the media investigation, and the investigation from Joan can show no evidence of the accusations, does your group cease to run this gamete of pain, as I believe if there was any proofs, Suzanne would have brought them forward by now and not taken this to the extent it is today. But I may be wrong, and their is a different agenda. More supposed empowerment, notoriety?
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2018, 07:16:47 pm »

I am so confused by this whole 1.5 pages of dialogue. I think you guys may also be. I kinda get the impression you are arguing about different things...
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2018, 07:32:15 pm »

Wow!!  Rebel In A Good Way, what a marvelous and majestic look at God and corruption in the church in your post above!!  Have never heard it put so wonderfully. 

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: